Does it mean the same thing when a guy does it?

When a girl ends a text with a period it usually means she's either serious, or mad. Does it mean the same thing when a guy does it?

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd suggest to look at the wording and sentence as a whole and not at the punctuation when trying to interpret someones attitude. one dot is far too circumstantial to be used as basis for reading the base emotion. and before you look at the period you'd have to see how or if punctuation was used at all/is normally used but not this time etc.

what you should do is increase your "data-pool" aka get him to write more than one message.

then you can look at response-time vs. message-length, your message-length vs his, you can compare messages to each other etc.

or you could just ask - he's a guy after all..

What Guys Said 2

• I generally end all of my sentences with periods.

• when I text I can barley spell let alone remember grammar rules

What Girls Said 2

• Ummm Not necessarily he could just generally use punctuation when texting. Though maybe he could b mad. Not all girls do that when they are mad, I haven't seen it.

• depends. If they usually send kisses, and there are no kisses combined with a period, then I'd take it to mean anger

Then again, it's so easy to misinterpret things over text