Is my online boyfriend a girl?

I met a guy online( please don't judge me about online dating), we know each other for 4 months but only started dating recently. I'm 20, he's 23. He did send me pictures of himself and I can tell they're not photoshopped. But when I ask him to send me a video or a picture from his phone at this second, he refuses to do so, he says "I won't do it because you asked me to, I'll do it randomly when you least expect it(never done so yet)". He says he doesn't have a webcam and cannot afford one, because he has to pay bills, so I decided to send him a webcam as Christmas gift. He says he never received it, even though in my e-mail it clearly said the UPS left it at his front door. When he called me, he had a really girlie voice. Is it me or is it really suspicious? Can 23 years old guys have very girlie voices? I sense bulls*hit in this whole situation. Could he be a girl? I don't know what to do,I don't want to seem untrustworthy, but I really want to discover the truth.

He doesn't have any siblings. We talked on the phone for hours, we even fell asleep on the phone several times.
Also, I have his Facebook/msn/skype. He has me added to his relationship status, however he doesn't have a picture of him on any of the profile pics. And he has around 50 friends, I looked through them and they all seem to live in different places, so he probably met them online as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• He might be sending you old pictures because he gained a lot of weight or just doesn't feel attractive anymore and is scared if you see him as he is now then you won't like him. That might explain the not wanting to take pictures at the exact moment you ask him or go on webcam or make videos. And it is possible for a man to have a girlie voice like that.

What Girls Said 6

• Hahahah sorry but sounds pretty suspicious. I would totally bail.

• He/she could be anybody. The whole thing sounds weird though..

• Perhaps his family, you can have a good talk with him, the most important thing is that you must explicitly tell he really loves you still playing you

• That sounds a bit shady to me :? try get him on fb see if he is who is says he is...

• still sounds waaay shady! I would say creep alert!

• wow, 4 months and you never met? Maybe it's time to arrange a meeting if you don't live too far away. I agree that it sounds fishy though. If you know his email maybe you can search for that on fb.

• trust him.

What Guys Said 2

• Does he have a sister? He might have asked a girl friend to respond lol.

I don't know, it's a little possible he just has a girlie voice.

• Your name is in blue so that means you are a guy, right?