What of people who have cronic bad breath and refuse to brush their teeth?

So I found out the guy I like who is a senior in high school has chronic bad breath and doesn't like to brush his teeth. Now I still like him it's not like I'm like "oh I woudn't date him even if he wanted to now". It's just if we do go out the kissing part would be a bit of a turn off and it would be like my first kiss so I'm a bit unsure about it. So would this be something where he's like OK I have a girlfriend I need to do this now? And if it's not how should I go about handling that? xD

• Don't worry about it O.O
  • Just tell him that it's a bit of a turn off
  • He has what and doesn't do what with his....waaaaa xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Chances are he won't change if he has openly said that he refuses to brush his teeth. He may try to impress you the first time, but after that I highly doubt he will even care about that. You said that you've never kissed before so I'm not sure if you understand how a big of a problem this usually is. You may not think it will be, but once you get down to it it really is. Its sort of like breathing in hot, humid, stinky air that has evaporated off of rotten and chewed food and is now inclosed into a small space which is intercepted by your mouth and you breathe it in. A peck isn't too bad but if you're going to be dating then I assume you're going to want to get intimate and closer which will involve kissing/making out obviously. I'm not saying that you should stop pursing him if you like him and it makes you happy, but you should rethink about what you're getting into and prepare yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• Just be glad you don't have a crush on someone who's had his lips removed! It's really awkward watchin em tryin to act like everything is normal but they have that look of fear and terror on their faces. They can't help it because they keep tryin to smile or put their lips together and they just can't do it! It's still pretty funny though.

• I hate dentist but I drown my self in mouth wash and wash a lot. Diet will affect the smell of breath just as much as the dental hygiene. You can smell a true meat eaters breath

What Girls Said 2

• My ex of about 8 years would NOT floss his teeth. His dentist told him to, I told him to and his mom told him to. He had REALLY bad breath. He wouldn't even use this special toothpaste the dentist gave to him for free. I couldn't even get close to him and toward the end rarely would kiss him. If I did kiss him it was just a peck. This was one of the top reasons I broke up with him. It was disgusting.

When you're in the early stages of dating, THAT'S when someone should be very aware of taking care of things like this. Don't expect that he'll change later. It will probably get worse. Then you'll feel like his mom..."Honey, can you go back in the bathroom and brush your teeth this time?"

• Oh. It is embarrassing. First kiss is remarkable How about letting him and you eating chewing gum

over chatting and do it causally? Maybe this will be helpful.