If a guy doesn't text for a week what does that say?

It's time to move on or they are playing hard to get!?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never initially text girls any more unless there's a reason for doing so. Just texting because you're lonely is desperate and in 2012, women are so far jaded and lost from reality that any sign of reaching out makes you look desperate. But you can't blame women for this, it's just how society is now.

The game is completely turning around - quality guys are now the ones that get chased. And that's how it should be. If you're a fun guy, stable, got your own place, good job, etc. why should you be out chasing women?

Exactly, it makes no sense. 2012 and onward is our time guys. Don't text girls - wait until they text you. Then make the move. Simple. This has been my game since summer and it's done nothing but wonders for me. HOWEVER, whenever I get sloppy and start chasing, I ALWAYS LOSE. Learn from my mistakes. Never chase.

• When you start dating a girl, don't get sloppy - keep up the work you've been doing. Don't get lazy and sloppy - you'll lose her. It's happened to me many times. You've got to be consistent with who you are. That's more important than ever these days. Dating is becoming tougher and tougher because of social media and it's so easy to spot FLAWS. So easy... So remain consistent, stay strong, keep her on her heels, don't become the text guy - always make her chase you, until the day you die.

• Oh yeah, the sheer amount of laziness and entitlement here is SO appealing. It should really be 50/50, sweetheart. But whatever floats your boat.

• Laziness? No, just a simple fact. And there's nothing wrong with 50/50. And there's nothing wrong with texting WHEN YOU'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP. But until you're actually exclusive with a girl and official, keep her chasing you. It's the only way (especially if she's hot and has 10 guys chasing her at any given time).

What Guys Said 4

• My sarcastic jerk answer: It says nothing. There is no text. How can he say anything if he doesn't text?

My real answer: It can be a lot of things.

1. He's just busy and hasn't found the time to talk to you.

2. He isn't interested.

3. He's hoping that you text him.

4. He doesn't know if you want him to text, because he doesn't want to seem clingy.

The list goes on. Just text him yourself and find out for yourself.

• Depends on the circumstances. Are you trying to date him or just texted him randomly one day?

• Neither. He just has nothing to say, and is taking a much needed break from the constant frivolous communication that women seem to thrive on, but which men find incredibly draining...

• Sometimes I'd just leave it, and see if she will text me ( the longer it is, the less she likes me, is the rule I go by )

What Girls Said 4

• Don't think about it too much. I wouldn't take it personally. I dated a guy who didn't talk to me for a week, then he shaved the first letter of my name into his head :) so it may not mean anything. You have to consider the guy's lifestyle. Some guys really are very busy and have a lot going on. I've dated a guy who was a sophomore taking junior classes in college, the head captain of his tennis team, and a break dancer. He had a lot on his plate. Don't nag about it. You don't want to make him feel like you're a chore especially if you're not even his girlfriend.

• Could be playing hard to get or he's actually busy, give a bit of time if he doesn't text you. Text him if you want, no harm in trying to communicate

• It all depends on your status! boyfriend/girlfriend somethings wrong, dating he's busy, hooking up busy with somebody else I know sounds harsh but true why not just text him and see what's up

• Could be busy or playing hard to get. I don't know the guy or the situation so it's hard to tell. Were you the last one to text him? Or was he the last one to text? HOw long have you been talking to each other?