How long does it take for a guy to start calling regularly?

Ok so we have been on 3 dates that were great. He was complaining the our last date was too short, saying I was easy to talk to and he felt like he had only spent 10 minutes with me. He mentioned that he wanted to go out to the museum very soon. He has been traveling a lot for work. He first went to Japan, then Utah, then NYC, and Mexico all in the 1.5 months of us meeting/dating.

I had some rought experience with men through my years and I kinda got scared when I started to like him, so I called him up and told him I didn't want to see him anymore after our second date. He immediately thought it was another guy in the picture. Then asked if it were because of his crazy traveling schedule. I told him the real reason. He seemed upset and promised to take things slow, said that he would want to hang with me in whatever capacity I allowed him too. I told him I wanted to go slow, and he said he would do that and thouht it was a great idea. Believe me I tried hard not to like this guy at all, but I find myself starting to like him. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyways, he texts randomly wishing me a good day, happy new years and etc...but we mostly talk when he asks me out on dates. Is it normal for a guy to text slightly and only call to ask you out on dates after the third date? or does that mean he is not into me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a very sociable person when I'm not righ thtere with you. I'm the type of guy who would only call you if I had something I desperately needed to talk to you about or wanted to make plans. I'm not the type of person who "chit chats." So I guess in my case it would be never.

What Guys Said 1

• he likes you, he doesn't want to look desperate, needy or clingy, he wants to show you that he is a challenge, that he has a life, because girls hate clingy, needy guys more than the other way around

What Girls Said 2

• men can sometime be di** heads, my advise is take things slow and see how his behavior is, your face is really thin though hope its not bothering you too much

• it is normal..but I can see how it would be annoying