Advice for first kiss?

So I've never been kissed... which is fine, I'm young, I don't mind. But I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna have my first kiss within the next week. How do I avoid screwing it up? Any and all advice appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• DON'T. FREAK. OUT. My best advice would be to wait until things fall into place and you feel comfortable doing it. The guy will more than likely make the first move if you're unexperienced. Don't overthink it and don't worry about whether you're doing it right or not. It shouldn't be about the performance but about reciprocating your interest to this special someone. Hence, whether you're good at it or not shouldn't matter. That is, of course, if this guy is more than a fling to you. Hopefully he is!

• Yes, he is definitely more than a fling. I'm afraid that I'm not going to react properly though, and that he's going to think I don't want to kiss him.

• How could you not react properly? If you're staying calm and relaxed, I don't see how you could. He'll probably gaze at you and move his head toward yours. You just have to mirror his movement (opposite side though, obviously) and take things without any rush. I'd suggest you stop trying to imagine how it'll be before it actually happens. It will most likely just stress you out and make you doubt yourself while you're at it. Take it as it comes!

• Okay, thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• wow..guess your looking forward to it ..so be calm, let the kiss do the magic..oh,and don't be too overexcited.relax and feel it..you are likeky not to forget it.( hope I'm not too late)

• Nope, not too late. Of course I'm looking forward to it lol. Thanks for the advice :)

What Girls Said 1

• My advice would be to relax, try not to be nervous, and just let things happen naturally. I know it sounds cliche but when I think back to my first kiss, it was a bit awkward because I was so nervous at the time it happened. I know that if I had been much more relaxed at that moment then the kiss would have been great instead of just OK. So that's my advice for you: relax.