Is it okay to like/date a dumb guy?

he spelled Connecticut kinnecticut

country is countrie

and India is a continent to him...

is this okay?

NOTE: I HAVE BEEN TOLD I AM SMART not sure if I believe it but I have been told.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you just assessing his intelligence just based on those observations or on other things as well? You can't deem someone to be stupid on some things that may be common knowledge to you. Otherwise some tribes or 3rd world people might think our dumb for not knowing how to cook (food preparation) simple food .Which granted should be common knowledge since it's a basic part of human life which even some animals know.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think that spelling/grammar really shows intelligence. Because I for one came to an English speaking country when I was young, so you can imagine I have a difficult time with writing. Furthermore, I just wanted to state that not every person has the same opportunities to learn. Some people had better teachers that motivated them, or had money for tutors etc. In the end if he's a decent person, and is treating you right, what else do you need?

• can you explain your situation clearly?

• watch the movie Forrest Gump and you'll cry for ever saying that haha. seriously, watch it.

What Girls Said 3

• Does it bother you? That's kind of what it really comes down to. My first boyfriend and I were on different intellectual plains and it was okay for a while, but I eventually reached a point where the difference was too staggering and it was really frustrating for me. If it doesn't bother you then it's fine. But if it's going to bother you, then I wouldn't recommend it.

• lol so he isn't the best speller and doesn't know continents, there has to be something he is smart in. My ex boyfriend was bad at English. He didn't even know the difference between nouns and verbs. He would say things like "I was currently at the bank"...was and current in the same sentence, I thought it was funny but he was very smart in many other ways. Also if his mis spellings are over text then I wouldn't take them too seriously. I say give it chance for now,and get to know him, you may be surprised.

• I personally hate stupid but different strokes for different folks