How do you go from online dating to meeting them in person? Any tips?!

Hello all, thank you for your time and responses.

After much persuasion, I recently gave in and decided to try the whole online dating thing. So, I purchased a 3 month membership to match.com. It is not that bad. I actually received 2 email replies from 2 different people (I am much more interested in one than the other).

My question is, how long after you have emailed someone online should you wait before you ask them out for coffee or something like that to meet? With this one girl, we have had pretty good convo int erms of getting to know each other, but you can only get to know so much online. We have emailed each other for a little over a week now, so how should I go about it from here? Thanks again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have done a lot of online dating, It is how I met the guy I am currently seeing. Sometimes you will emial people for a few weeks and others you met ust after one or two emails. I like to have a drink or a coffee first that way if the date goes badly (you can usually tell within the first 10mins if you like them or not) you are not stuck at dinner with them. Say to the girl something like, 'It would be nice to meet up for coffee, but if you are more comfortable emailing for a while longer, that is totally OK too'.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say after a week of correspondence. Ask them out for coffee/drinks and take it from there. Usually after a day or so of messaging them,we switch to texting. And by the time we meet it's not so awkward.

Good luck!:)

• as soon as you both are comfortable meeting. if you're not sure when it is for her.. go ahead and ask her "so hey, when would you like to actually meet up with me?" or something like that. she'll let ya know and you can plan it from there

• It was always easier to go after one week and that's switching to texts and phone calls after a day or two :) and if you are not quite ready to give your number do like a skype meet up where you can talk face to face via the screen :)

• Very soon, ask for her number and then ask her out when you talk unless the convo is bad or awkward. You know nothing until you meet in person, trust someone who has been there done that.

• probably really soon, after a few emails back and forth and you still want to get to know them

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say as soon as she's comfortable meeting, and just make it low key like a coffee or lunch date. The longer you wait the more buildup and potential awkwardness / nervousness / potential disappointment I think. So I'd say meet them soon and if all goes well you can continue your email correspondence afterward followed by another date hopefully.

• Bring your 9mm and a pair of pliers in case its a man? Lol!

• Try to meet as quickly as possible, as soon as you feel she'll go for it.