Should I still date an insecure looser guy? Just to get a boyfriend?

I'm 21 years old.. pretty (at least I think I am), goody-nice girl type,

educated finished undergrad schooling and now taking up law,

you might classify me as nerd when I wear my glasses, but I'm confident and I like myself.. but I just can't seem to understand why I haven't had a boyfriend... Waaah!

i've dated some looser guys who likes me, they say I'm pretty, easy to be with but known of them seems to impress me, I find them somehow insecure.. I don't mean to judge them, but I kinda get this feeling that it won't work.. so I refuse another date with them..

I am being picky? or prideful? or whatever?

is it right that I just somehow feel I deserve someone better?

or this will leave me... forever alone... T_T

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't want to be in a rush and end up making a mistake. When you say these "losers" are insecure, do you mean not assertive? That impression can be deceiving. He may have had a negative experience and doesn't want to dive in again too fast. That doesn't mean he won't bounce back. Some guys are only assertive once they know you better, and then can be aggressive beyond what you are looking for. He may be confident among girls who don't impress him much, but fumbles for words when he meets the one who makes his socks roll up and down. If you prefer a guy who comes off as confident around everyone from the very outset, there are plenty to go around. But a very confident guy can also be a player or controlling - with a long list of ex's who had enough. My guess is that you will find more candidates in a crowd that is slightly older than you. But take your time exploring. There is only so much you can uncover about a guy in one or two dates. Go less by what he says and more by what he does.

• Thanks Mister! that explains a lot, I'm probably am just rushing into things,

will take note of that.. "loser" in a sense that he's 24, stopped from studying years ago,

has no job and just hangouts all night and day..

What Guys Said 8

• Woman, you're calling him an 'insecure loser guy'.. Does that SOUND like someone you'd like to have as a boyfriend? Imagine that.. "Hey, who's your boyfriend?" "Oh, just an insecure loser guy". The very way you talk about him reeks of contempt and negativity.

So seriously? I think you've already made up your mind.. Why even ask?

Anyhow, here's my view on the matter:

Nope, you shouldn't.

And if you find yourself so in need of a boyfriend, AND you are indeed confident and nice, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting a guy UNLESS the only thing you're gonna do about it is stand around waiting for them to fall into your lap. If you want quality guys, go GET them already.

• yeah, if a guy is insecure, he will very likely stop being insecure once he has a girlfriend, he will feel better about himself, that does not necessarily mean he will rely on you for his happiness throughout the dating and relationship, as in not constantly, this is coming from a guy who has never had a girlfriend before

• it's very extremely hard to be secure with yourself, have confidence if you have always been single, I hate how it is okay for girls to get validation from guys but not the other way around

• he's very nice and funny, and I was never bored with him, but there are just somethings that I can feel he doesn't like himself, and it kinda turns me off..

so... should I keep dating him?

• dating him? so you are just dating, hanging out with him but you are not exclusive with him yet? he is not officially your "boyfriend?" if I were him I would not feel the way he is feeling anymore

• you aren't being picky.. you aren't pridefull either your a little insecure because your dating losers all the time and that decent guys don't approach you.. or your beauty turns every guy into a loser I guess

thats what I think

• Being that you are were you are in your position in life , the question is what steered you in this so called "LOSERS" direction?

• If you couldn't see yourself with that person don't even bother. Sounds like your life is going in the right direction and bringing in a loser guy may only mess things up.

• Well I could never be impressd by a law student that can't spell "none"? Had to be said... Not to don't sound like a douche but guys don't like girls who don't think the guy is not worthy of them. Just be nice and friendly and give someone a decent chance. ^^ no offense intended ofc

• 0|0
  • Looser guys?

What is your Best Friend's name?

What Girls Said 1

• You shouldn't date anyone that you can't see yourself with and you shouldn't ever settle. Be yourself and find the guy who is everything to you! :D ... I wouldn't call them insecure losers though. That's kinda rude and seems a little stuck up to me. :)