What is some bad dating / relationship advice that you have received in your lifetime?

Whether it be from parents, friends, family members, co-workers, random drunk / high people (lol)...

...

...

...what dating / relationship advice have you gotten, actually tried to implement, and over found to be BS?

Please be specific as to who told u, where you were told, how old you were when you got the advice, and what happened when you tried out the now-figured-out BS piece of "advice" you were given.

--------------------

This should be fun. I'll be awaiting responses. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• "Shut up and look pretty."

Told to me by some older friends when I was around 12 or so.

I spent the next 6 years doing that and yeah, it doesn't really work so well. I ended up dating a bunch of douchebags who had no interest in my personality, and I wonder why, because they thought I didn't have one.

This made me realize that looks can get you in the door, but even good-looking people need to have some substance.

What Girls Said 2

• freaking out when your boyfriend steals your mcdonals chips even after you asked him if he wanted some.

Meeting the inlaws and they are d***s that have there head so far up there own asses and yet you wonder how there own son is so much better than them.

asking my boyfriend if we can icecream in the middle of winter.

• To follow "rules" when dating instead of doing what felt right :)

What Guys Said 3

• A wise man once told me that if you ever want to learn how to keep a woman content, you should get a cat. Cats are unlike dogs or other pets. They live a fantasy that the world revolves around them and that you exist for their amusement and to serve them. Other animals well recognize that you are the one in charge, but not cats. Taking care of a cat means having to entertain that fantasy they believe about the world revolving around them. It means feigning giving in to their attempts to manipulate you to get what they want. Once you are accustomed to this, you are ready for a relationship, because a woman is no different in these regards.

• It sounds legit and makes sense when you observe women casually or have limited experience with them. But in truth this only applies to a certain type of woman who is not suitable for relationships anyway.

• Bury it or be buried with it.

• "Be nice and sweet to her"