Guys: Are girls who hang with guys more than girls more appealing?

I am not your typical girl. I dress girlie but I am not girly. I have a lot of guy friends, play video games, hate shopping, love sports and totally outgoing. Do guys find girls who is like this appealing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys might not like that you hang out with more guys than girls. Especially if it's A LOT of guys.

Some guys won't mind this.

But I don't think guys think it's "better" than you hang out with guys more. It's not what we look at.

What will interest us more, is the type of things you do. Like you said, if you like playing video games and sports, we're going to notice that. The fact that you hang out with guys because they tend to do the same, is not at all relevant to this.

We're not gonna think you're any better though, just because you don't like shopping or hanging out with girls. In fact, some guys (like me), think girls that DO like shopping, are cute.

So remember, the important thing is to be yourself. I doubt any decent and worthy guy is going to judge you differently for who you hang out with more. Smart people will judge you for the person you are, and the things you do/like doing. Some people say that you can tell a lot about someone by who they hang out with, but just because a girl hangs out with guys mostly doesn't really mean anything.

What Guys Said 3

• In general I find that girls who associate more with guys than other girls to be more laid back and drama free, easier to relate to. In my experience girls as a rule don't get along with each other very well because they can be very catty with each other so it is perfectly natural for a girl who isn't a drama queen herself to associate more with guys than other girls.

• Many guys do (I'm one of them), but often guys who are insecure, or who are rigid in their perception of gender roles, do not.

• There is something for everyone, QA.

I find it interesting that you're trying to blanket males into a "yes or no" scenario based on your question.

There are plenty of guys that like your style. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I have mixed feelings on this. I generally like to have guys more as friends, because they're easier to talk to. Their topics go beyond shopping and "the hottest celebrity male". They're more open about gore, scary stuff, sex, and weird topics in general. You know, topics that most girls would go "ewww" about.

It can be a turn on because you're used to being around guys and knowing how they work. At the same time, a man also wants a girl who puts effort into her appearance and looking for marriage material. By marriage material, I mean a girl who can cook, clean, look good, and take care of her man without complaining. I'd say keep a middle ground. Don't even lower yourself to impress a certain person. If you're happy with yourself, then find someone who love you for you. Not someone wants to change you.

• i can cook and clean and when I am in a relationship I take care my man but I love to watch football and everything

• im the same way too...id rather watch a football/hockey game than go shopping or even fishing. I think being interested in 'guy' things can be an advantage for you because guys won't have to explain what a 1st down is over and over again lol