Guys: Texting a guy you like?

Is texting a guy you like once a week too often? I'm pretty sure he likes me too...

Thanks guys so much! But does the fact that I always text him first, change anything? He always replys, but never texts first. Is it possible that he got used to me texing first, or am I annoying him? :)
Thank you girls aswell!

But let me ask you this. Does he like me when: We could spend the whole night talking and laughing without going to sleep, he drove me home 100miles, intorduced me to his bff and sister, we've known each other for almost a year now. But in the last two months we've seen each other like twice, he has money&family issues, college consumes a lot of him time. Is it still appropriate to text him? Because I think I'm annoying him..or maybe he just doesn't know I like him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell no, I'd say it's not enough, especially if you like each other.. just use your head and don't text him every min of every day and allow him to text you first sometimes, but yeah if you see any signs like he stops taking interest or whatever dial it back a little bit but yeah definitely more often then once a week... lol

What Guys Said 6

• Here's an idea. Pick up the phone and talk. I cannot understand how or why texting has become the norm these days. It's impossible to convey feelings or emotions through emoticons and abbrevieated words. If you really like him, call his phone once every other day or so. Leave a message if he's not there. I love replaying my girlfriend's messages all the time. If he likes you, he'd do the same.

• too often ? not at all , I would even say you may text him more often ;D

• Texting one a day or every other day is more like it.

• Too often? Far to less!

• I agree, almost too rare. I'd say text more ^^

• Answer to question-update: he may be shy and therefore he has a hard time initiating...

• Looks more like a little to less.

What Girls Said 2

• i think you should stop listening to what all the guys are saying and stop texting him completely. Don't even text him once a week. If he likes you he will come to you. If you text him more, it will only backfire and he will accuse you of harassing him and wil call you desperate.

• Most guys are just attention seekers. So that's the only reason these guys here are encouraging you to do so, they're attention hungry, its only for their ego

• ? if a girl doesn't text me , I'm gonna think she's not interested and back off . sure , I will initiate a text the first week but if she continuously never initiates I back off.

you have to find the ideal center between not being too much into it and not being too less into it

• but I agree with you on the ' if he likes you he will come to you' - most guys will. But he needs to be already in to you for that to happen...

• i think you need to stop texting him and see what he does. if he texts you back, you know for sure he missed you and wants to talk to you

• yeah , as the update said : it's not good to always initiate . but don't stop texting him completely like the other anonymous user said . what this use said is better see if he does something . you have to find a balance - it can't all come from your side , but you still have to do ( text) something now and then. if he never initiates anything (text/fb/real life /msn ) not even when you haven't talked to him in a while , he's not interested