Should I give up on him?

After my break up, I started talking to a guy who has kind of a bad reputation for cheating on girls and lying.I started getting to know him. Unlike the other girls he talks to or dates, I'm smart and I actually try to figure out why he feels the constant need to cheat and lie. I know he's a good guy deep down, but he needs a little bit of guidance which is what I've been helping him with. I've even helped him improve his relationship with the girlfriend I don't like.. at first I thought I was just wasting my time, but he's actually taking my advice now, and thanking me for it.

The only problem is that every few days he just disappears. I spend all night trying to help him figure out what to do and then he doesn't talk to me for the next 4 days. I'm getting a little tired of chasing him around, especially because I'm doing all this for him. As much as I know he's a good person, and I want to help him, I don't know if I should give up.

Most Helpful Guy

• ...Don't give up. People do what your doing for me I don't lie as much as I tell half-truths and whole riddles though and regardless of people saying that I may or may not have cheated on a girl, I've only ever gone all the way with one. I don't know exactly who you are talking about but personally...I just have to get out sometimes. I'm trying to be in a relationship right now with this girl who I barely know and haven't even met, just because she says she loves me and wants to be with me forever. I run whenever I get scared that I might be falling in love with someone but I always want to run back. I can't stand the fact that no matter what else, one day we will be separated. Do I believe in life after death, yes. But with as much abandonment issues as I have...I will always be running from the day we would have to say goodbye.

To: Deb

What Guys Said 1

• Leave him, he's using you. Guys with bad reps usually don't get their act together till their late 20's.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm confused...you ask if you should give up and that you are helping him change and he is improving his relationship with his girlfriend. What are you asking to give up on? Are you trying to date him? If he is in a relationship just back off. What are you getting out of this? It doesn't seem like much. You need to look at what your actual intentions are.