How do you know when it's a rebound relationship?

I broke up with my ex about 6 weeks ago. We had only been together for 6 months and the last month was really rocky. After we broke up, I had a month long trip planned with friends. About 3 weeks after the break up, I met a guy on the trip who was from the same city as me. We really hit it off, but I was a bit resistant because it felt like it was too soon after. But I decided not to let my ex hold me back and we ended up fooling around. The next day we hung out again, exchanged numbers, made plans to meet up when we were both home and texted each other for the rest of the trip.

Over the course of the rest of the trip, I made a few realizations about my ex. I decided that there was just nothing left between us and that getting back together, or even being friends was just something that I wasn't interested in. And when I got home I found out that my ex had been really immature about the break up and was spreading rumors about me. I wasn't really too upset about this, it mostly just confirmed that I had come to the right conclusion about him. I met with him one last time to give him his stuff back and tell him the realizations I had made over the trip.

Then a few days later I went on my first date with this guy and it went great. Every so often I would think "oh, if only my ex could see me now" and things like that. But I do like this guy, I had a great time with him and am looking forward to seeing him again.

Is this a rebound thing? I know I am not 100% over my ex, but definitely don't have any strong feelings for him anymore.

What Guys Said 1

• Let the guy you are currently seeing how you feel. Be honest. If he understands your situation, than you have nothing to worry about.

What Girls Said 0