Is it a bad sign if a guy didn't kiss you on the first date?

I went on a date with a guy tonight that I go to school with and have been friends with for a year. I know normally he is kind of a ladies man/player type. he has tried to hook up with me three times in the past, but I always turned it down because I'm not looking for a hook up. he finally asked me out to dinner and I accepted, but he didn't kiss me when he dropped me off.

i'm wondering if this is a bad sign?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he's trying something with you because he's serious...its funny when you look at it..you said he's a player and all but you wanted a kiss from him...this world works funny..dont try to figure himout just go with it because its gonna be spontanious from here on out everything gonna happen when it happens so just let it:)

• he never suggested plans for a second date either though. I feel like that is a factor.

• I guess I could suggest a second date. I always feel like that is the guy's job you know? I am just under the impression if a guy wants to see you again he will.

• but creating a relationship takes two not one rule number one..thats why guys end up with the easy girls they try..dosent matter whos job if you care you should try..

What Guys Said 3

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but you turned this guy down multiple times before and he has the reputation of being a player. Why did you decide to date him if he doesn't sound like your type? Before we get to the kiss question, I want you to answer that.

• hahaha excellent question. we were feeling some chemistry, so I figured I'd give it a shot. a date can't hurt right?

• Hahahahahahaha. Listen, you don't know me so do not assume my thoughts or thought process. Stop being rude to people online. I asked a question and I refuse to answer you any longer.

• Hahahahahahahaha. You know don't me. So don't act like you do. I'm done responding to you. You are being rude and it's unnecessary. Goodbye.

• Maybe he was shy? I didn't kiss my girlfriend after the first date :/ kinda regret it though... Maybe he respects you more and doesn't just consider you a play thing; maybe he really does like you.

Although if he starts to go faster than you want you can always tell him to slow it down. If he does like you and respects you enough, he will.

Give him a chance :)

• thanks! he didn't suggest plans for a second date though. I feel like that combined with no kiss is definitely a bad sign.

• Honestly he seems like his interested in a relationship with you and not a one night stand, talk or text him for ask a 2nd date if he says yes you'l know he is interested for sure.

What Girls Said 4

• well, he's been persistent, which means he's probably pretty into you. since you've made it clear you're not just looking to hook up, he was probably just respecting your boundaries. I mean, it could also potentially be a bad sign, but it's not bad for sure.

• okay thank you. I hope you're right.

• It could be different reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to move to quickly with you or maybe he wanted to kiss you but wasen't sure if you wanted him to and that he respects you to wait to the time is right. =) Good Luck Girl. =)

• My boyfriend didn't kiss me on our first date he was into me but was unsure about what I thought. Basically I thought he was driving me home but went down random other streets , I let him go that way for some time but then directed him to my house because I thought he might get us lost...He just wanted to spend time with me. ( I was really tired in my defence. )

Luckily we had common friends who went between us and relayed to him that I was also into him it was all just a misunderstanding. 2nd date wnet much better and 3 years later we are still together... moral of the story there are no real rules to dating and measuring how well it went.

• thank you! I guess I haven't given the guy much to work with. he's expressed interest and I haven't really told him or hinted anything at all.

• no, that's not a bad sign! there is absolutely nothing wrong with kissing on a first date, but there is equally nothing wrong with the situation if you don't. My boyfriend and I didn't kiss til our THIRD date (he considers it our second, but it was our third time being together), and everything is fine and dandy and it didn't matter, because we really got to know each other and get our fill that way. if he likes you and you like him, you'll kiss soon enough. Judge a first date by the after feelings ... do you feel like it went well? Does he still seem interested? Don't judge ti by whether or not you kissed yet. Chances are he was just really nervous about it and is beating himself up now for not making the move on you. Not a bad thing.