Not to be rude but why is texting so popular?

I mean, not trying be judgmental by why would one text a breakup, ask someone out ...etc. Emergencies I understand. what happened to asking in person or hearing someones voice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question : \

It's fast and convenient... but I agree, I don't understand why it's so popular and how people have sunk to level of doing things like breaking up via text messaging... I mean come on... I walk around campus and look around and practically everyone is on their phone texting or something. It's ridiculous.

• I hate it when I'm campus and people walk into you because they are too into their phones. :/

• Oh man, yeah, or when they're walking super slow because they're trying to text and walk at the same time. Some people just don't have a clue.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally don't like texting and all this new technology that is keeping people from communicating face to face. Though I don't have a cellphone to text with, I can imagine why people like them. It is quicker than calling someone... and that's all that I can think of. Texting also probably lowers the spelling and language ability of the person, since they all abbreviate and things. Hm, so I also don't know why it is so popular.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree. I'm never again considering texting when it comes to dating.