Kissing on a first date?

Should you do it? Shouldn't you do it? Or do you decide "in the moment"? I like to wait till the "goodbye hug" and going on how well I think the date went, lean on for a kiss. What's your strategy/opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude you gota try this out. It might be kind of odd but I get nothing but good responses from girls that I go on a date with for the first time.

So were at her door or standing outside of the car. Were having that end of the date conversation and as we say our goodbyes I look deeply into her eyes and I read her body language. If all signs point to a no then I happily respect her decision and give her a hug and/or a kiss on the cheek. If all signs point to a yes then this is where it gets tricky. I look deeply into her eyes as we both start to lean in for the kiss and keep that eye contact until she closes hers. Once she does, I divert my head to the right. When this is done she will freeze in confusion but be ready to catch her because she might loose her balance. So your head should be to the right of hers. You stop suddenly giving her a chance to realize what happened then you whisper into her ear," Goodnight *her name*". Then you play it smooth. Turn your head and give her a kiss on the cheek. Then you just walk away.

What this does is leaves them with that tension and makes them want you more. It also shows that you care about them enough to save the physical part of the relationship for later. And it shows that you respect them and aren't just using them for their bodies. But I do it 1) because it's fun and they never expect it to happen like that and 2) its such a smooth way to end a date.

• Mate your a genius! This is awesome thanks!

• Anytime man. But just make sure that before you do this your date knows that you had a great time, you really like her, and that you want to take her out again. It's important that she does because some girls will over analyze and think that you changed your mind last minute because you don't like them.

• Yeah and watch your tone of voice when you tell them goodnight, I guess it would come down to their personality too but it's still a brilliant idea none-the-less, you must be some kind of dating Jedi master? Lol

What Girls Said 10

• I would go for it 90% of the time if I were you. Try to gauge how she feels about you. When you're standing together, tilt your head a bit towards her as you talk. Does she lean away? Move towards you? If she's comfortable standing very close to you without finding an excuse to move, she's probably ready for a kiss. Go for it, man!

• Kissing on the first date is a MUST esoeciall if you have chemistry and feel that she or he is boyfriend girlfriend material. The first kiss tells all it doesn't have to be full on tongue kiss but still a kiss.

• As long as the date went well! lol

Bad date and he goes in for a kiss... no thanks! haha

• It's a simple strategy, as a guy you ask her: 'Can I kiss you?' if she says better not, maybe next time or Don't think so, you better not go and lean forward.

if she acts shy, says hell yeah or OK, go ahead and lean forward.

For girls: ' I want to kiss you' or 'Can we kiss?' if he says maybe next time, not now or makes a strange face, better not try to kiss him.

If he is startled, says hell yeah or 'fine', go ahead and grab his head.(or something like this.)

Good luck! :-D

• Lol but you run the danger of the date becoming very awkward if she/he says no... But I guess it'd be more awkward if you go to try and kiss them and they pull away.

• Well, I have had a lot of times that guys have tried to kiss me and I get startled and as reaction back down even tho I like him and didn't want to hurt his feelings. if that happens, I will ask if he want to kiss or say I want to kiss you. guess girls don't move in that easily but I think it rocks if they make the move or is that just something a girl dreams of and guys think it's strange?

• go for it.. I wouldn't go for it if I felt like the date didn't go well or if ended up not being into him.. but you should go for it! :D

• Unless the relationship started because of a kiss, I would say wait for the second or third date. It's more fun that way anyways. :P

• Hey I'll take a kiss at any time of the night!

• i personally don't kiss on the first date I like to get to know them better. but I do make exceptions at times. for example if I knew them previously before the first date for some time then I would most deff give them some mouth to mouth action;D

• if it feels right then yeah I don't mind it

• If it feels right, why not. It really depends on the date and how well we knew each other before. If we were friends for a while, or even friendly, we aren't really strangers anymore. Even if we do barely know each other though, I don't have a problem if the date went well

• I like kissing on a first date. I almost always end up kissing at the end of the date.

What Guys Said 1

• well as far as I know it would probably be best. because girls know a lot about us with one kiss. for me I'm pretty much a straight shooter and if I want that kiss ill just go for it probably better for the end of the date so she knows me a bit better etc.