What was going to a dance with a date for the very first time like?

Tell me about your experiences :D

Was it super awkward? Did it go horribly wrong?

Were you in a group with other people or alone with your date?

• Fun!
  • Awkward
  • Terrible D:
  • Romantic <3

Most Helpful Guy

• all of the above. you're so adorable. if he's worth his weight in gold, he should value you and at that age be really nervous.

just respect yourself because you're lovely and definitely a catch

What Guys Said 2

• I hate dancing so terrible and awkward! D:

• never to a formal dance but one time, I asked a random girl to dance with me on those arcade dance dance games at the movies. I think it was awkward and fun(cause she liked it more). never knew dancing could be so fun. hope this kind helps?

What Girls Said 9

• For me it was romantic. But I didn't even go to a dance with a date until my senior prom, and my boyfriend and I had already been together a year. He's not much of a "school dance" guy, but he knew I wanted to go so we did the whole prom deal. It was sweet :)

• Awkward. He never asked me to dance so I just kind of sat around and watched everyone else.

In retrospect I probably should have asked him to dance with me when I realized he wasn't going to make an effort, but oh well I guess. I was like 14, lol..

• it was VERY fun. I wasn't worried...and nothing bad happened. I had so much fun that night. I sometimes wish I could go back to that me. lol where I did not worry so much.

I was with his sister and her boyfriend.

• was alone... awkward since I used to dance as well as an ostrich in basketball shoes. I rectified that problem though and I get lots of cheers and applause when I do it now. There was a sidewalk entertainer playing some cool jazz saxophone in Monterey CA one time. He didn't have much of an audience. I felt bad for him and went over to dance to his music. Pretty soon he had a crowd of people around and they started giving him money. Was the coolest thing. He thanked me too!

• I chose romantic since I went with my boyfriend at the time :) I didn't go to any dances till I was a junior in high school lol! Just never wanted to go till he asked me and of course I said yes!

• He only wanted to go stag but asked me to go just for the photos. But I turned down ops to dance with cute guys so I could dance with my "date".

• Um, I don't really know how to dance.. well. So I kind of expect the guy to do the dancing and I just uh.. okay, I think I belong next to the punch bowl, all I'm saying hahaha

• It was awkward slightly... But comfortable at the same time... If the guy knows how to dance with a girl and takes the initiative it isn't awkward it's fun. But if he's like "I don't dance/I don't know what to do" it could get kinda awkward...

• I didn't have a date to my own prom but my boyfriend and I crashed a homecoming last summer, and it was amazing. It was our anniversary too, and that's when I found out about his ridiculous dance moves :P