Awkward situation where haven't spoken for months. Suggestions?

I was deciding whether I should post this on the relationships or dating page but I decided to post it here.

Anyway I've known this girl for like 4 years now. The last time I've seen her was last November (so about 3 months).

It's a long story but I'll keep it short as possible. She used to give me so many signals that she was interested... like blushing, touching her hair and being overall enthusiastic to see me (she's the nerdy studying type).

Fast forward a few months... I sort of ignored her after a while because I was trying to play with her a bit. She then ignored me after that and I tried to ask her out via text (twice) but then she deleted me off Facebook.

Fast forward again and then I went to her personally to say sorry and she seemed really enthusiastic and said "its okay". I texted her how I felt good seeing her again and that she's very pretty.

After a few weeks and I went to see her again. This time she was more enthusiastic. So I thought she was still interested in me (tell me if I'm wrong though).

Now I'm in an awkward situation where I haven't seen her in like 3 months. Should I go see her at college (I'm on vacation so I'm not supposed to be there but what excuse can I make?). I don't really feel comfortable calling her because it would be even more awkward (I'm not good with calling people).

I appreciate all suggestions and I really hope someone answers this question because I really like her and I feel like this is going to be my last chance.

Thanks!

Oh and the reason why I didn't talk to her for 3 months is because she went on holidays overseas.

What Girls Said 2

• It's funny to think that somewhere out there in the world, someone is going through the exact same thing as me. Except I'm the female in this situation and I wish that the guy I liked would care enough to post and ask questions about it. But in reality I know the chances of it being him are zero. I guess what I'm trying to so is that my nerd didn't try and win me back, and I think because of that he lost me, hopefully you are wiser, and if not I hope you get it right the next time with someone else :)

• Ok, let me tell you what I think. :)

First of all, you need to know what you want from her. You have been going on and off with her for months now. She must have felt played with and that you aren't serious. I believe this is the reason she deleted you on Facebook even though she likes you (which is quite obvious). Girls over-analyze by the way and are interested in details, unlike guys. To her, blowing hot and cold from your side is a sign of toying and that you aren't serious about her. Each time you appear she feels thrilled because she really really likes you though she is upset that you aren't that serious about her. So, you need to think. What do you want from her? Do you want her to be your girlfriend? Do you want her just as a friend with whom you would enjoy your time?

Secondly, act upon your objective. If you want her to be your girlfriend, ask her in person. Forget about the texts. Go and ask her yourself. Tell her what you want. Tell her how much you like her and explain why you have been on and off. She will love you for it.

If you just want her as a friend, then keep on texting her casually.

If you truly like her as you say, then start showing her your admiration. Take her seriously this time, be consistent (always on) and express your feelings to her.

Hope this helps. :)

What Guys Said 0