Why do people get annoyed when you talk on the phone on the bus, but not if they're talking to another person?

I don't get it. Do they want to hear both sides of the conversation?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Most people talk too loudly on a cell phone. To me they may as well just put their head out of the window & yell to the person. Unless it's a juicy conversation I don't want to hear it.

The reason they speak so loudly is because there is no talk battery or side tone on a cell phone.

Take any land line phone & press any number once. Then blow into the mouth piece. You will hear it. That's talk battery. So when your on a land line phone you hear yourself talking in that ear.

On a cell phone you don't get or have talk battery so people talk more loudly to hear themselves in only one ear.

Pretend like you're whispering on your cell phone & you'll be OK or DON'T SIT BY ME!

• People can get annoyed at the slightest of things these days. Who knows these days. But some may think that you just want them to hear you're business, as some people will intentionally raise their voices and blab about their life just to turn heads.

• Because you talk to your mashed potatoes in a cutesy little voice. =D I have no clue. I think when you have to take the bus, you get more agitated at just about anything... I rarely take the bus, and have never had a problem with it.

• HOw did you know that I talk to my mash potatoes? :O

• Heehee, I like the terrified look my food gives me when I talk to it. :D

• hahaha! =D

What Girls Said 2

• I think when people talk on the phone, they often talk louder then normal.

• Lol Maybe they're just jealous that they don't have someone to talk to. I don't know.