At what age do you think it's OK to start using dating sites?

What age is too young to be on a dating site, or what is the appropriate age to start using them?

Such as eHarmony, Match.com, etc...

Thanks :)

Btw I wasn't asking when you're allowed...I know it's 18.

I was asking when do you think it's socially acceptable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mid twenties.

If you're younger than that, you're probably in school or something so the "dating pool" isn't as small as when you get older.

What Guys Said 6

• Most sites limit the youngest members to being 18 per their policies. If you wish to join, you should be at least that age. Lying about your age could get someone else in trouble, not to mention yourself. If you are 18 or above, feel free to join the online dating world. Just don't be prepared to meet prince charming right away, as there's a lot of nonsense on most dating sites.

• I know people who've had success with them at as young as 18. It's more a maturity thing which is completely personal. If you feel ready to meet new people like that, then there's nothing holding you back.

• I am 22 and don't feel ready but then again the concept makes me nervous

• I think it's better to use them when you're 18.

• 18.

• Legally? When you can afford them, as most of those you have to pay to use

Morally? Not so much. You really can't trust sites like those. Don't become another statistic!

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say 18, but I don't think you should rely on online dating unless you are out of luck at 35+ years old. Otherwise, real life interaction is always better and a lot more safe (:

• i think 20-21.