What were your steps from being single to dating?

Hi guys and girls,

I have an interesting topic for you. How did your previous/current relationships progress from being single to being a couple?

I want to ask this question in the following way (this is only a guideline, feel free to add to this or leave out where necessary):

Where and how did you and your current or previous partner first meet?

What and where was the initial approach and who made the approach?

How long did it take before you became ‘an item’?

How did you transition from being two single people to being a couple?

How long have you been dating as a couple?

If I were to take one of my previous relationships as an example:

· Where and how did you and your current or previous partner first meet?

o At a dance club. She was a friend of a friend who was invited along.

· What and where was the initial approach and who made the approach?

o We took a walk at night after a friend of mine’s wedding. I took her hand as we walked.

· How long did it take before you became ‘an item’? How many dates?

o Probably 2 months after meeting her for the first time at the dance club. I did not see her within these two months, so I did not take her on any dates before becoming an item.

· How did you transition from being two single people to being a couple?

o We spoke and danced for hours at the wedding. We took a walk later that night, I took her hand, we paused for a moment, I kissed her and told her that I wanted to be able to kiss her like that at any time and she said that she wanted me to kiss her. It was pretty sweet. That was it!

· How long have you been/were you dating as a couple?

o 2 years.

I’m sure there are some awesome stories out there. Please share them!

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my first and current boyfriend in the AP European History class we have together. I saw him everydayfor about 2 months, but never talked to him as I'm usually not the one to start a conversation. Well I went into my AP Biology class during lunch to talk with my teacher. There was a large line in front of her desk, but two of my guy friends were in the line and we began talking. I noticed the guy I liked was right behind them, all alone, and looking at me. I was encouraged by something in his eyes, the way he looked at me. I asked him how he thought he had done on our AP Euro test. Our conversation continued and it concluded when the bell rang with him giving me a study site for biology. I playfully said "You saved my life. Thanks!" He replied, "It's what I do" and gave me an adorable smile. That has become his line, whenever he says it I always go back to the first day we talked, always smile. Well, after that first day, he followed me out of AP Euro and talked with me. After our Euro class is lunch, so we would walk slowly to his locker and talk. That was when I was still in my XC (cross country) season so when I would leave early for a meet he would text me and tell me how he missed seeing me that day after Euro. On a Friday, he asked me to come to his house on that Sunday to study and work on homework. Sunday went fantastically -after we got some homework done he showed me some card tricks (one involving touching my hand, which made my heart jump up into my throat). That Monday, October 17, 2011 he asked me out. I am his first girlfriend, and he is my first boyfriend. I was the first girl over at his house, his was the first guy's house I've been to. We are so happy together and are going on 4 months this 17th!

Thanks for asking this question, it brought back great memories and had me smiling again! Congrats on your relationship!

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply and congrats to you too! So nice to reminisce on the memorable moments that start a great relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• Take chances and have an open mind

• I have none I've never had a boyfriend!

• Don't overthink situations or wait to long to make a move

What Guys Said 0