Is making out on a bed okay for 16-year-olds?

My boyfriend and I usually end up making out on my bed when he comes over. We've been going out for 8 months and have only been to first base, and I don't plan on going any further than second. He goes to a different school so I only see him every weekendish for about 4 or 5 hours, and we spend maybe half an hour of that kissing. I don't want things to get too physical, so am I giving him the wrong idea by making out with him on my bed? We haven't talked about boundaries yet, but I'll let him know if he tries to go too far with me. He's also really shy and I don't think he'll try anything soon because he knows that I'm young and a virgin.

Most Helpful Guy

• you could be giving him the wrong idea especially if your doing that on the bed.the best idvice id can give you is to talk to him and tell him you want to wait for that step for a while and just stay what you are doing now. its best to talk to him. that's what relationships are about, communication. that's what I do with my girlfriend. I ask her what would be over the line for her because I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I hope this helped.

What Guys Said 2

• You shouldn't ask us that., I would say having sex on the bed is okay for 16 year olds. This is the internet hon. Ask your parents if you care that much about rules...

• Yes, but could lead to the wrong image.

What Girls Said 0