Text slang, what is with it all?

What is with all the texting slang. Like lol,wtf,ttyl,omg, and millions more. Are we that lazy that we can't type in full words? I mean I can handle the common ones but I feel so lost sometimes is it an age thing? Am I just getting too old?

Most Helpful Girl

• I text a lot of my friends and I just don't want to use full words because I'm mostly in class so I have to make it quick, it's just a habit. When you start to text a lot, you will start wanting to use texting slang, it gets your point across and oyu don't have to waste as much time. I always make sure fo mr that my sentences are understandable towards people I'm texting. You just need to get used to it.

What Guys Said 2

• It makes sense for text messages as their is a fairly low character limit. Elsewhere it annoys the f*** out of me.

• PMSL ! C'mon Mom...gotta keep up with the times...(:

• Lol see I know what pms is but not pmsl,and I know when you tell me it will make sense.

• Oh lol, I saw I don't know like a million times before I figured it meant I don't know, I hope that's what it is.

What Girls Said 3

• I absolutely CANNOT make myself use those. The only one I use is "haha" but that's not even an abbreviation. Frankly, they all bug me.

That's why I'm an awful texter. I actually like using full sized words.

• It's laziness brought to a whole new lol (:

• Yeah, I'm really too lazy to type out the words. I don't have a smart phone so it takes me forever to text anyway. I try to have good grammar at least, but I do have to shorten things like that.