Best to kiss on a first date?

If a girl seems to like you and its going well(flirty) is it always wise to at least kiss a girl on the first date and be touchy feely with her...even touch her butt. Because if there is chemistry and you do nothing then won't she be more insulted if you don't do anything and therefore probably no 2nd date?

Most Helpful Girl

• No butt touching. If there's chemistry there, then a kiss on the first date is totally acceptable. Generally, the more dates you go on without a kiss, the more likely you'll get friend-zoned or "dumped" (I couldn't find a better word).

What Girls Said 7

• I'd say kiss is the max on a first date, at the end of the night during parting ways. Honestly, if a guy grabbed my ass on the first date I would see that as tacky and rude, and he may not get a second date because of it.

• I have never kissed on the first date, because I'm too shy about it and the guy expects me to kiss him and there's no way lol. Since the guy usually relies on me to initiate the first kiss I will wait anywhere from a week to a month to kiss him because I have to build up the courage.

If a guy got touchy-feely during the first date or first kiss that would be a turn off because it's rude and since most girls are like me and shy about it scares them away.

I think I would be willing to kiss a guy on the first or second date if it went well and he leaned in to kiss me.

But as for the touchy-feely I say the girl should initiate that and also it's better to risk being a gentleman than to risk being a pervert or jerk you know. Even if that's not the impression you were going for it's going to come out that way.

• I think its best to be neither a 'gentleman' or a pervert. If you are obviously one or the other, you're probably off target.

• I agree.

• touche...on the comment by kheserthorpe

• There's no set rule re kissing. If you want to kiss her AND you honestly think that she wants to kiss you, then go ahead.

That being said ... I would recommend that you do NOT touch her butt. Why? Because it's too much too fast.

• I think it would be really cute if a guy pecked me on the lips at the end of a first date (if I liked him). However, if he tried to go farther than that or grab my butt, I would think he's a pig and only out for one thing so I wouldn't go out with him again after that. Once I was on a second date with a guy and he tried to feel my boobs in his car all of a sudden! I was taken aback and told him to stop, but he tried AGAIN a few minutes later. Some guys really make me wonder.

• Oh god don't touch her butt... only touch her face and above and her waist or back, but legs, boobs and ass are off limits for the first date. A kiss is great idea, just don't shove your tongue down her throat until you know she's into it. But don't grope, itll make her think you don't like her and you only want to get laid

• i'll let you know when I have one :)

• if were officially calling it a "date" than yeah I'd want the kiss, or else it feels to formal and I feel like my parents on one of their dates. when dates are too formal its because were not comfortable with each other yet, and that's just awkward. as someone said earlier, a kiss is a great ice breaker. however, do not grab her ass! that's waaaay too far, your definitely not there yet haha. if were not calling it a date, were unsure of what it is, or were still getting to know each other, then maybe not. when I hangout alone with guy friends I'm always worried theyre gonna try to kiss me because sometimes I think they could be into me but we never discussed our relationship in romantic terms or hinted at it. if we clearly are attracted to each other in a sexual way and its obvious, then yeah, kiss me, please lol.

What Guys Said 7

• If you want to kiss her, then go ahead and kiss her.

Honestly, if you're physically attracted to her, and she feels the same way, she won't mind it. Have a fun first date and make sure you lead her the whole way through and call the shots. And sometimes, it takes some convincing to get her to do things.

And be confident yourself to kiss her when the timing is right. Such as, when she shows signs of interest of her wanting to be kissed. One key sign is eye contact. Or lip licking. Or playing with her hair. That's flirtation.

There are no rules to dating. If a girl is offended by your advancement, you can always walk away or slow your role down. It's your call on what you want to do.

• it all depends on how the date went, there is nothing wrong with a kiss on the first date.. is 2012, things changes nowdays, if there is feeling, lots of smiling, and so on.. is even hard to resist not giving a kiss... no touching butt though! that's a very intimate part (red zone), shoulders, top of the head is OK, even tha back, not lower back though, those are green zones for a first date, or maybe hands if there is a moment for it... if there is no chance for a kiss, or you didn't have the balls, and you get a second date...then is a must! at least a kiss but still no butt, she will let you know went to get some steak

• Lean in for a kiss, let her close the last inch or so.

I would save groping her till the second date, where you might want to try to make out a little and do some over-the-clothes touching.

• Don't touch her butt! But kiss, I say, asap. Just to secure that step.

• I wouldn't, that's more like a 3rd date deal if she is still REALLY into you by then. Good luck!

• A kiss is the best ice-breaker.

• Don't kiss her. Just whip out your penis. She'll be so surprised the only thing she will know to do then is to give YOU a kiss... and not exactly on the lips, either.