Unusual to talk so much in person but not a whole lot otherwise?

This girl and I recently started dating. It's weird because we were friends beforehand and have been attracted to each other the entire time, so though we've started to go on dates she still only wants to be 'just friends' for now. We don't talk a whole lot over the phone or IM'ing... but in person we've gotten dinner three times, I've stayed over at her place (though we haven't had sex) twice, and we've gone skating and to lunch twice all in the last month.

I can't think of a single time where neither of us has been able to come up with a topic of conversation that interested us both. What could have been a 5 minute coffee yesterday turned into an hour long conversation about anything and everything, even into some serious things like long-held phobias. Turns out she is afraid of spiders. Which is ridiculous because she's also one of the deadliest girls I've ever seen in taikwondo.

Every time we walk together at night it's always arm in arm, and when we're alone she starts cuddling up and lets me kiss her... but the second anyone else who knows both of us is around I'm lucky to get a hug.

I know we're still working things out but the contrast here seems a bit ridiculous. Is this unusual? Or just kinda something to be expected?

What Girls Said 1

• that is definitely wierd. is she more "popular" than you? do you think she's embarrased to be with you? she obviously likes you so those are the only things I can think of.

What Guys Said 0