Why on Earth do these guys do this with texting?

There are 3 guys that text me every now and then. I have been on dates with all of them (over a span of time). They always text me to ask how I'm doing and such, but then as soon as we get past that, and I ask a question like "how was your day" or something, they disappear and don't reply. Only for the cycle to be repeated again later when they text me AGAIN like a week later. WHY do they do this? One of them asked me on another date but it's not even set in stone. Are they scared, bored, want attention,what is it!?!?

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is that guys don't treat texting like girls do. They can get busy once they get a text/there attention is shifted elsewhere before they reply and then this just causes them to forget about the text and replying, that's no big deal to them. A lot of girls on the other hand, remember about a text even when they're busy. This sounds like the case. If you like one of the guys then I suggest you text them first. If they suddenly stop texting you then you can send a text telling them that you would like to catch up and to talk to you when they have time.

What Guys Said 1

• Guys don't like to talk like that about their lives in general, it's boring to them. They also know once you give a girl your listening ear for a second she might abuse it and hold you for hours talking and talking and talking about all the stuff going on in her life and that's the best way to kill the spark and get friend zoned too.

• Well then, what's the point in texting in the first place? They ask how I am, and I reply "good". That's all they want to hear?

• Ask that to them, they'll answer.

What Girls Said 2

• ahah I don't know :/ it happens to me too.

• i wonder this too...it's so annoying:/ how hard is it to reply to a text?