How long does it take you to know if you want to date her?

How long does it take for you to know if she's girlfriend material?

Are there a certain number of dates? Or a certain timeline guys go by?

From my understanding you typically know after the 2nd or 3rd date if You want to continue to see her...but would you keep going on dates with her longer without making a relationship commitment?

How long is too long to wait for someone to commit?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's not a set time frame, as that's unnatural. Rather, I constantly observe EVERYTHING she is saying and doing. Very little gets by unnoticed. If a girl is relaxed and appears to not be changing who she is to who she thinks I want, life is good. You can only tell this with time, as most people try to put their best image forward during the first few dates. More time is better than less for determining if a girl is long-term material or not, but an artificial time frame won't help. If a girl has serious red flags, she'll get cut sooner rather than later. If you bring good traits to the table, a stable man will be more forgiving and attracted to you.

What Guys Said 4

• Well you, sir, are in need of a frank discussion with your lady friend. Just talk it out with her, and really get to know her. If you didn't know fairly instantly, the answer is a more-than-likely no. That comment is not meant to be the end-all. Do you like her body AND personality? If the first one's a yes, you'd be dating for the wrong reasons. If the second is a yes, she's friend material. If you're not physically attracted, you never will be. If both, however, are yes, then you, my man, have yourself some girlfriend material. Conversation is really the only way to find out. Good luck, mate!

• No, there isn't anything that is set in stone with regards to timing. Though personally I'd know after getting to know her better, if that's after 2 dates OK, and if it's after a few months, that's fine too. If you truly want to be with someone, you've got to be comfortable and patient.

• its been years since I've met a woman worth trying to form a relationship with and my standards are really not that high.

• Ok a hookup is obviously like when I first see her, but for a serious relationship I have to really get to know her. That could take some time for me. I would much rather have a good relationship, than a trashy hookup. So I tend to not be aggressive when meeting a girl, but I will drop hints that I'm attracted to her.

What Girls Said 0