He wants me to ask him out but I'm broke, what should I do?

I've been on a few dates with this guy I've been seeing for about a month and a half now and he's hinted they he wants me to ask him out for once haha. I'm really shy and get all nervous about that stuff, but anyways, I'm in college and am almost always broke. So if I ask him out I'd feel obligated to pay for the date, but I have no $$$. I was thinking about inviting him over to my place and cooking dinner for him. I've been over to his place a few times, but he's never been over to my place. He doesn't have a car so he would have to take like a 15 min cab over. Does this sound like a lame ass date? Or should I just wait another week till I get payed? I don't have a lot of dating experience :-p

Most Helpful Guy

• na its a sweet,caring date..nbot all dates have to be an "adventure"..i personally hate going on dates to dinner,movies..etc..i like privacy...so yeah invit him over..wear some thing sexy..clean your house up lol...

put on a good funny movie..have fun and don't be scared to make fun of him or your cooking lol..

"ok I suck at cooking but you BETTER eat it lol"...something like that..have fun and laugh alot..

it can be cute if you ask him for help with the cooking lol..and laugh since he probably doesn't know his way around the kitchen..lol

What Guys Said 5

• This would be an awesome date to offer him, because a guy loves a girl making an effort, and you cooking him a meal will be seen as a massive effort, but just to top it, try and borrow just a few dollar to get some wine or beer, it takes the bite out of his nerves if he has a beer in his hand while you cook, good luck and fair play, great idea,x

• BAke him a plate of cookes, ask him over to your place to eat them and then go for a walk, maybe even back to his place, 15 min by cab would be what, maybe an hour's walk?

• um its way cold out and it would be waaaaaaaay more than an hour walk back to his place and he lives in the hood, and what am I suppose to do walk back to my place late at night by myself!?

• EEEE, OK, forget the walk. Still try the cookies,though.

• Home cooked dinner (make sure it's a good one) is better than going out. Dinner, movie at home, sex...doesn't get much better!

• No not a bad date at all :) Cook him dinner.

• Cook him dinner, it sounds nice and he'll appreciate your effort.

What Girls Said 5

• He wants YOU to ask HIM out? I'm all for equality but I'm just wondering why he doesn't ask you out? Is he just flat out refusing to do so? That's kind of odd to be honest ... unless he's being cheap nad doesn't want to pay for anything.

• Thats really nice! And if you told that money is tight its really big. He wants to be with you and that's all that matters! : )

• No, it doesn't sound lame. Cook him dinner, then watch a movie, take a walk, play a game, have a bottle of wine, etc. Have another couple over to join you, that's fun.

It doesn't even have to be dinner, it can be dessert & coffee or a dessert wine.

• Doesn't sound lame at all! Great idea

• i agree, invite him over and cook or watch a movie cuddled up on the couch