High standards in dating vs low standards in dating?

Which one do you have and which do you think is better and list some pros and cons?

I have high standards and I hate it! because I have yet to have a girlfriend and I'm 21 and its because I'm so selective. So, is it better to have lower standards and date all kinds of people or is it better to date fewer people or none at all because you know it wouldn't work out with them?

• Higher Standards
  • Lower Standards

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I have high standards since it seems most girls can't meet them, but they are not difficult or unreasonable standards. I follow them easily enough. I'm keeping them where they are, though. If I never find someone, then so be it.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on your standards, though you shouldn't lower your standards for anyone unless they are really specific, demanding and stupid.

• You need to have some standards. There is very little point to going out with someone you're not interested in. If your standards are too high though, you may find that you never date anyone. To help lower your standards, just start talking to different girls, you may find that there is more to them than just their looks, et.

• I think higher standards are better...that way you don't just settle with someone that you're content with.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's good to have high standards but also be realistic that no girl is perfect just like no guy is perfect.

• Reasonable standards FTW!

Never settle for less than you're worth, never take more than you can offer.

• having high standards hurts guys more, since girls get to have the final say

• i have low standards and I hate it because I found myself attached to many girls even though I don't know them much and they don't share the same feelings

• Depends. High standards for personality and matching up on key things should be a must for everyone. High standards for appearances is just f***ing stupid. Looks ALWAYS fade.

• High standards are only somewhat useful since that way less people are born.