How can you feel in love with a person through an online relationship?

Meaning communication through chatting and webcam, through many forms of online connections. I don't really understand how you can feel connected that deeply with someone. I have a friend who has an online relationship. She never met the guy. I'm just trying to understand it. I don't mean to offend or say it isn't real. If you have any experiences, please share. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it's just easier for some people to develop feelings that way than it is for you. I think it's usually a bad idea, personally.

What Guys Said 2

• Like Cyrano de Bergerac...

empathy, compassion, excitement, understanding, passion, and yes, even love, can develop and be shared through the written word...

• Idk it's easy if there's webcam.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess if you see them through webcam then it can be real

• I'm not in love with the person I've been talking to online, but I definitely care about him and love him in some sort of way. Just because we're not together physically doesn't mean we can't flirt and do cutesy things online. We just really know each other well. We both share our little habits and we're really good friends.