Should I give him another try even though I screwed it up?

Should I give him another try even tho I screwed it up?

On our first date I acted really emotional and a bit insecure during our date and now he has a different perception of me because he doesn't text me anymore. Before he asked me out on a date the texting was mutual and then he started texting me more than I did him because I didn't wanna make myself too available and it worked. But on our date I kind of screwed it up:/.. I don't want him to have that perception of me because that isn't me at all. I was just really nervous because it was my first date. I also kind of made it worse by constantly texting him after our date because I over analyzed a text that he sent me saying 'text me if you wanna do it again'(dinner). I did and we set up a day but then he canceled because he caught the flu and I haven't talked to him since.. This was in the beginning of Jan. should I try to talk to him or just leave him alone? He was able to initiate our first date so I know he can take charge when he wants something but I just hate that fact that that's how he thinks of me now when that's not me. We knew each other in high school and I was the very outgoing girl and he was the shy guy and on our date it was the opposite which he wasn't expecting. What should I do..

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should text him one more time, saying "hello, I just wanted to see how you are"? If he doesn't respond then don't contact him anymore, unless he contacts you. And, it's OK to be nervous on a date(it happens), but don't apologize for it or over analyze it, just learn from it and you'll be fine. Sometimes you have to go through things to come out a better person. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• You didn't screw up, you were nervous. He was on a date with you. He was probably focusing on his own nervousness.

Blah blah encouraging words that show you're a valuable/special person, etc.

...And that's why you should try again.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you chould always try if you really obssessed of him. Because if you try you will be different from other girls. But remember that whatever the result is, you won't be sad. Or just forget him, my lovely girl.