Am I judging my boyfriend by asking him to shave?

I recently read an article about how men hate to be judged .. and I looked up what exactly "judge" means .. and I found out it means telling them that you don't like what they do .. or complain about their habits.

I do not fit at all in this domain thank God .. however, I prefer my boyfriend to shave his facial hair. Tomorrow I will see him , and today while on the phone I made a joke about how I wasn't gonna sit with him if he won't shave .. did I sound wrong ? Am I too controlling or something ? thanx

Most Helpful Guy

• You're just making a fashion suggestion. Some guys look good with facial hair, and others don't. However, if you made the suggestion, and he still doesn't want to shave it, let it go.

What Guys Said 3

• Nobody wants to be controlled. But there's nothing wrong with that, every couple had to understand each other. so I think this is the part where he should understand your need.

Still your joke is a little demanding though.

• No. You're entitled to your preferences. I don't think it's out of line at all. I think it would be better and easier for him to understand if you told him in person you really enjoy him shaved.

It's all in the presentation. So your voice tone is super important on the phone. Attaching a negative like "i'm not gonna sit next to you" isn't cool I think. But we're men, we don't obsess over any one thing.

• He prefers you wear heels and miniskirts all the time. Are you going to?

What Girls Said 0