I don't want an arranged marriage, but I have trouble dating, I don't know what do?

I'm Indian but born and raised in the US. However, I'm not attracted to Indian guys, but mostly white guys. What's worse is that I listened to my parents in not having bfs and such and never thought about this stuff until now. I'm 20 years old and have no relationship experience. My parents just don't get how relationships work here. Now that I want a boyfriend and don't care what my parents think I have no idea where to start. I don't get approached much anyways, maybe its the signs I'm giving off. I have no idea to tell guys that I would want to date that I've never had a relationship with anyone, I figure they would just think I'm weird and won't even give me a chance:(

Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have any female friends who have a bit of dating experience under their belt? If so, they can advise you on how the dating market works. You can try online dating if you're not getting much attention in the offline world. There's plenty of sites out there.

Also, being friendly, smiling a lot and giving guys complements will grant them more confidence to pursue you more if they are interested. If you're on a college campus, try joining more student organizations to gain greater exposure to men, thereby increasing your chances. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• There's actually plenty of people who haven't had relationships at your age, I wouldn't be embarrassed about it. I'd start by making friends with guys, understanding how we work and what we talk about, like, etc. and then go from there. If you're at university/college or work, just start by talking to any guys who sit with you in lectures or work near you, etc. If they don't think you are trying to date them, they should be fairly open to the idea of being friendly. If they turn down your offers, keep trying, you'll eventually get someone who does and then you after you've got a few guy friends, dating one will be easier.

• My advice is not to worry. You are just 20. Is it really time to get married now?

But anyways, dating and flirting 101: Have a life, be active, go out with friends and have fun. you see a guy you like initiate eye contact and smile. The rest is like riding a bike :p

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry. I am from India too and had the same experience as you. Just talk to guys more and hang out. And don't forget to be yourself! Now I am getting numbers left and right :)

• Inexperience, especially at your age, is an attractive quality! You may not realize it, but your inexperience and shyness is like a filter, and will help you avoid guys who just want sex. This is because guys that just want to use women for sex want a girl who is easy to pursue and do things with. Your innocence slows things down, and only good guys will want to stick around for a long term relationship.

So don't be self conscious about inexperience!

To find a guy, live your life. Make male friends at work, school, and at extracurricular activities. Be friendly and a little flirty. Soon, you'll find a good guy.