Guys: "Will contact me soon" - Good sign or bad sign?

I went on a date with a guy. The next day I texted him that it was nice to hang out and to let me know when he wants to hang out again. He texted me back saying for sure and that he had a great time and he will contact me soon. I am not sure if this "contacting me soon" thing is a good sign. Is it? Is that what an interested guy says?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're thinking he's saying this just as a polite way of turning you down, don't. Take what he said and don't look too much into it. Guys say what they're thinking, not too deep when it comes to texting in general. It's just a first date after all. Hopefully he will stick with his 'word' and get right back to you.

What Guys Said 2

• I 100% agree with sfauo. If I tell a girl something, regardless of whether I like her or not, I tell her what's real. I don't play games and I keep it straight forward. Girls like to overannalize things and tend to over react. So take what he says for face value unless he has a rep of being a liar.

• its a good sign if he actually contacts you soon.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, its a good sign. He said that he had fun as well. Wait a few days (I'd say a week) and then casually start a conversation with him to see how he's doing if he hasn't talked to you first. Don't look too much into situations like this until you have a solid reason that he isn't interested.