How to meet mature guys?

I am in my mid-20's and still in the process of getting my bachelors degree. It is a weird place to be in because I am older than most of the people in my classes and on a different level as far a maturity goes . It makes it hard for me to meet people, especially guys. I am interested in dating and I feel like I am wasting precious years just because I don't know how to meet mature guys .

Where do mature guys spend their time? I know there has to be some around, maybe grad students or even guys who are out of college.

Most Helpful Guy

• Internet dating has a surplus of guy's compared to gals. A good number of them are your age or older. Also, you need to find out what grad courses are offered by your school and which buildings they are in. Try to see if they have open lecture periods, or even offer to audit a class. Off-campus, try joining a volunteer or activity partner group.

Here's three fantastic websites:

www.yelp.com

www.meetup.com

www.volunteermatch.com

All of these tend to have crowds your age or older, which should be more or less along the lines what you're looking for. Follow the advice above and you'll be exposing yourself to the candidates you're most likely to be attracted to.

What Guys Said 2

• Can I first say you're a bit of an inspiration to me. I would like to study, but when I bring it up in conversation with people, they say things like "But you're TOO OLD to go back to university/college!" I never knew there was such a stigma to wanting a fresh start on a new career path even if you're not seventeen! But yeah, people can be idiots sometimes.

Back to your question, I can fully understand the predicament you're in. Boys take a long time to develop into men. Even the girls in their own age group are highly interested in more mature men.

I would recommend, as I always do, not being afraid to approach men in different places, like bookstores, libraries, coffee shops, anywhere. You won't meet your man straight away, but socializing will give you some ideas.

I know it's easier than it sounds. It takes practice. But once you get the hang of it, it will be easy.

• I'm in the same boat - I'm 27, and won't even have my Associate's Degree until next year...

Just remember, age is nothing but a number

What Girls Said 0