How often do you text/call a girl you like?

I've been on three dates with this guy and I really like him. But he only ever texts when he wants to do something. I'm not sure if he's not into me or what. He's been away for almost a week and I haven't heard from him once while he's been away, but then again he's with a friend and I wasn't really expecting to hear from him.

So what do you think?

Do you text a girl often when you're into her? Or is it possible to be into someone and just not a good communicator/phone person?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know that it is unusual for a guy to not want to text much. Overall guys are practical communicators. In other words, if there is a good reason to communicate they will.

What does make this confusing is that texting is super non-threatening and some guys will text like fools, much like girls do. But, that is often wrapped up in the hope of casual sex or sexting. Also, if a guy is mad in love, he might become a texting crazy for a while.

I think you should let this go and just enjoy the dating and see what happens. I would only worry if he calls you last minute to go out or cancels dates because apparently he got a better offer. I think girls do this more than guys though.

What Guys Said 2

• i wouldn't worry too much, guys differ and it's not unusual to only contact when there is a point or purpose to the communication. if you become more serious, I expect he'll start texting you more often

• By default, most guys are like this. Don't see the need to communicate unless we want something, or have something to say, or something specific to ask.

A week is nothing to a guy. I've gone two weeks without texting a girl I like, without even thinking about it.

"Do you text a girl often when you're into her?"

No. If I want to talk, I'll phone her. Texting is pointless, IMO.

What Girls Said 1

• once or twice a week.