Do guys stop chasing once the girl likes them back?

Once it becomes clear that you and the girl you once chased are both interested, but not officially boyfriend/girlfriend yet, will you stop chasing?

This is what's happening to me right now, I'm not sure whether to look at it as "We are stable now, and can let things develop on their own. The chasing game is over, we are in the clear."

OR if I should see it as "I'm boring now that he's got what he's wanted. He's no longer interested."

If it can be either/or... how can I tell?
We are 17 and met through a camp 2 months ago- it was undeniable that we were compatible. I knew it, and he knew it. We pretty much became best friends over the course of that 3 day camp.

A few weeks passed after the camp, and we kept in touch vaguely via Facebook. Turns out that after camp, he finally broke free of his girlfriend of a year and a half. He asks me out to coffee a week after the break up, which got extended into a walk and a dinner. I was still hesitant though.
Another 2 weeks passed, and we go out again. We had a pretty intense conversation and the topics included everything. Family, friends, hobbies, views on life, views on relationships, difficulties, flaws etc. The conversation must've lasted over 2 hours. In a car.

NOW THIS IS THE STRANGE PART...

We while we chatted, he eventually lay down with his head on my lap. My hand rested on his chest, and he gently held it. It was delicate- fingers slightly intertwined, and he stroked my hand etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can easily be either/or.

This is depending on the guy & the circumstance.

• Tell us your circumstances. Is the guy mature/immature?

Selfimportant/selfless?

Honest/liar?

how a guy thinks is based off his behavior

Then I'll answer more specific to your question

• You asked this question a few months ago.

I recognize it.

What Guys Said 2

• lol yeah we stop chasing because now that we know they like us too we don't want to come off as too clingy, too needy for them so we slow down a bit

• For me the chase is not over until I have what I want. and that's her. Just because she says she is interested it doesn't mean I will let "things" take care of their own. Too much of a control freak to do that.

What Girls Said 1

• HELL YEAAAAAA!