Where do you like to sit according to your date/partner in a booth?

I find that sitting across on the first date is nice, but in a relationship on dates, I like to sit next to them.

• Across from them.
  • Next to them.
  • Depends.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's just the two of us, we always sit across from each other, because we're going to be talking a lot and it's much easier to see each other that way (and I want to look at her). If we're in a bigger group, then I definitely have her sit next to me.

In a relationship, when we're out somewhere, we still sit across from each other for the same basic reason, to talk. But that's fine, because as soon as we get home, we're going to end up on the couch or bed, and she's going to be cuddled up against me, and we'll have plenty of time together, and can be more intimate without it being weird out in public.

What Guys Said 7

• I don'y have a preference and don't put any thought into it.

• Generally, I prefer to sit next to her. Seaters always find that surprising though, they put down the menus and they're like "Oh... okay" when we sit together.

• On my first date with my current girlfriend I sat next to her and she really liked it because I told I wanted to be as close as possible. It is true though, she is the sexiest and just all around greatest girl I have ever met.

• I agree with you.

• I like to sit in different restaurants.

• Why strain your neck trying to look at someone sitting next to you? Whenever I see couples doing that at restaurants, I think "boy, that looks so uncomfortable"

• Well I prefer her to sit on my face

What Girls Said 2

• I prefer sitting across from each other because honestly sitting next to each other in a booth feels a bit odd to me, what with all that empty space in front of us.

But generally if there's a choice I prefer a table where we can sit at right angles to each other. That way it's closer but not so awkward that we have to turn our heads completely to see each other.

• across, typically.