Have you ever met anyone on GAG or online in general before?

How was it? Did you get along all right? He wasn't a rapist or stalker? lol

Did you know what they looked like before you met? Or no?

Follow up question: Would you ever be willing to meet someone you tal to a lot, but never seen their pic nor Skyped with? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• I've met tons of people from the Internet in person. Some were a little strange, but none were rapists or stalkers, and most I got along with alright. In fact, I dated one guy who I initially met online for 5 years; and some of my closest friends are people I initially met online.

There was only one person that I met, but didn't know what they looked like beforehand. I was like, 13 or 14 at the time and he was a boy who went to my school and I had heard of him, but I had never met him before (we found each other on ICQ).

• How was the experience with the boy you didn't see beforehand? Were you scared before you met?

• Would you have been willing to meet him at your house?

• I never considered it. I had always heard, "If you meet someone from the Internet, you should always meet in a public place"... and there was also the fact that my mom would totally freak if she had found out that I had initially met him online.

• Not on GAG, but I've met people I knew from another site before. There's this girl I'm friends with in Arizona, and she introduced me to one of her best male IRL friends, who I later started a long distance thing with. I did finally get to go meet both of them when I went to visit my dad who was living in Phoenix at the time. I'm not with the guy anymore, but her and I are still good friends, though I only got to meet and hang out with her for that three weeks I was down there. My dad met both of them and I stayed with the guy for about a week, he also slept over at my dad's a couple times. I met both of their families. My friend has a little girl, so they were both invited to my little sister's 6th birthday party shortly before I came back up to Oregon. This was all when I was younger though, a couple months before I turned 18. They're both cool people, I'm just not really in contact with that ex anymore, though we are Facebook friends. =] I talk to the girl a lot still.

• Ddi you know what they all looked like before you met them?

• Sorry, missed that part, lol. Yeah I did, I had cammed with both of them back when I had a webcam, and also with both of them being in the same room so I knew they knew each other.

• @update, no I wouldn't, I need to be sure the person I'm meeting is who they say they are, at least in the most basic sense. Anyone can be a liar about their life and interests.

• Yes, I have met someone on here and now he is my boyfriend. *blushing*

I'm going to meet two more people from here too. I just have to set the date. :)

• I've never met someone off the internet, how ever I have met someone from an iPhone app in my local area.

I believe it was called Skout. I don't recall; it's been awhile but he lived 10 minutes from my place.

His now my boyfriend of 2 years.

You get to browse their photos so I knew what he looked. What an experience but I probably won't do it again. I was scared sh*tless.

• Well if you count Facebook...haha but bet not so no

• Did you meet them before Facebook? :-P

• I knew them and then when I made a Facebook account added them as friends. So never a stranger before.

• Yeah I'd be willing to meet but only if I had seen a picture and had sufficient evidence that they were indeed around my age

• Nope, but I will be in July. Yes, I know what he looks like.

• You sure now? he might have put those pics on from some website. he could be a fat slob. :-P

• What do you say to my update tohrmy?

• No, I wouldn't. I'd want to know that who I'm meeting is who they've told me they are.

• Yes and I don't like it. It's super awkward

What Guys Said 4

• I haven't and I don't have any plans to. I would be willing to meet with someone I talk to a lot without a pic or skyping because everyone I talk to seems pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure it would be the most invigorating experience ever.

• I have a habit of meeting a lot of crazies on here that I wouldn't hang out with in a million years. Luckily I did meet one amazing girl though who I now see regularly ;)

• Never had the pleasure. I'd be up for it. But highly unlikely it'll EVER happen in my case.

• I've met people from online before but never anyone on gag.