Girls: How often has a guy approached after you notice him?

This may be a bit of a confusing question, and it’s sort of a 2-part question so bear with me.

1. Does your attitude change towards a guy when he approaches you if have seen him around before or not? I guess what I’m trying to ask is, are you more willing to converse with a guy when he approaches you if you have seen him around before? If he is a complete stranger and you have never seen him around before are you less likely to converse with him?

2. If you and a guy keep bumping into each other but you don’t really notice him or pay attention to him when you keep crossing paths, is that a signal that you don’t want him to approach you?

Most Helpful Girl

• To the initial/overall question, 98% of the time.

1. If the guy is someone I know or am familiar with, I smile, he smiles back, if he starts approaching then hesitates, I'll sort of wave him over if I'm free or in an open group of people, and he comes over (sort of cocky, smiling with good posture not that he's sure I'm not going to shoo him away). If I don't know a guy, happen to glance in his direction and see him smile, I smile back. It keeps the positive energy circulating in a world where positive energy is gradually evaporating.

2. If we're in a close space and keep having to dance around each other, I laugh it off and thank him for the dance. (A guy once bowed and said, "My pleasure," which I thought was cute.) If we just happen to keep seeing each other on the same day/week, I smile and make a quick joke like "If I run into you one more time I'll have to play the lotto." The guy grins and if we do bump into each other again we both have a nice chuckle about it.

POSITIVE ENERGY. If you don't feel it in the air, be sure to use your energy to put some of it back out there!

Cheers. :-)

What Girls Said 6

• 1. I'd be more comfortable talking to him if I've seen him around - but I wouldn't be rude if he was a stranger. I'm more social though - if the girls more on the shier side she might be less inclined to the stranger.

2. No - it's just common courtesy to move out of the way if you bump into someone, and go on to where your going. Sometimes people will laugh or something during the encounter, but it doesn't mean anything really significant.

• 1) maybe a little it changes but if I've seen him before it's definitely easier to talk to him.. if I've never seen him before and he comes up to talk I'm still gonna talk plenty but not as comfortably you could say.. because I'm not familiar with him, hence the nervousness

2) hmmm this one's a bit more difficult to answer.. usually if I've seen a dude several times that means I noticed him but didn't feel drawn to him to chat.. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if he approached me to talk tho.. I'd be as friendly as I am with anyone.. maybe he noticed something about me that he found interesting and wanted to chat.. it's all good :)

the only time I wouldn't want a guy to approach me was if we had a bad history and I wanted him to leave me alone.. which is not the case if I've never talked to him before like you asked..

• 1. I'll talk to anyone who talks to me. Believe it or not, I've gone up to random guys & started a small conversation...

2. No it's not a signal that I don't want him to approach me. It'd be really nice if he did actually. If we keep bumping into each other then I'll most likely take that as a sign.

• 1. I've had two guys approach me, one of which I had sort of known priory. I ended up falling for both of them. My attitude has always changed after a guy approaches me, but not always for the better.

2. I am a shy person. I cross paths with a cute guy pretty frequently, but I do not try to initiate conversations with him or anything. It really depends on the woman's personality. I would watch her body language.

• 1) I would be a little more comfortable talking to a guy I've seen around but I'd still talk to the guy I've never seen.

2) I usually notice if I see someone several times but if they were to approach me I wouldn't mind chatting

• 1. If I've seen him around before and he approaches me I'm far more likely to talk with him since I'd feel he was less of a creeper.

2. I'm a firm believer in fate and I never forget a face. So if I bump into a guy three times or more I'd most definitely start paying a LOT more attention. But if I didn't notice or pay attention, it doesn't mean I'm not interested; it could just mean I'm not being observant.

What Guys Said 0