Girls, when a guy asks you to have coffee with them do you assume that is a date?

Or no? How would you classify that? when a guy asks you to have coffee with them do you assume that is a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would assume he wants to have coffee with me. I take things for what they are. If he says come have coffee with me, we're having coffee. Come on a date with me, we're going on a date. Why must people read too much into things and complicate their lives? -__-

• Because sadly a lot of you women get all scared or shy when we blatantly ask you on a date like that. just the way this sh*t is

• Well girls don't ask guys out very often. we aren't immune, but it just doesn't happen as frequently

• Well I was the girl who asked guys out. I suppose that's why my views on the matter are so strong.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah I do. it's not a major dinner date, but it's kind of like a 1/2 date lol. yeah

• If we are friends, then no I wouldn't assume it was a date. I would assume that he just wants to have coffee with his friend (me).

If we aren't really friends or never talk much, then I would assume it is a date and that he is interested and wants to get to know me better.

• Depends. if its a guy I barely knew and he asked me out of the blue to go get coffee with him I might consider it a date, especially if he paid for me. If its a guy friend or something then I wouldnt

• yeah I would... not that I've been asked /foreveralone lol

I would think the guy was interested

• I don't consider that a date, getting a coffee together just means you're getting coffee together and having small talk.

• Depends on if he paid for me and if we had flirty conversations

• No, I don't. I assume we're just going to be talking and hanging out as friends. Being in college I meet up with friends a lot to eat lunch or whatever so I don't think it's a big deal. If it turns into a date though, that's cool.

What Guys Said 0