Do you think this statement is true about guys who take a while to respond?

"I used to do the same thing, I'd wait a couple of days before texting back or calling because I wanted to create the impression that I was a busy guy with better things to do and other women to meet.

However the opposite was quite true, I did it out of desperation, I wanted the girl to see me as cool. It really is a desperate thing to do, I wasn't really that busy. Infact when I look back on that time, this is just another game I played to try to win the girl over. I was so unhappy with who I was, that I presented myself as an entirely different person."

Most Helpful Guy

• Might be true sometimes. Or they might actually be busy. But to be honest, if they were busy they probably wouldn't be texting anyway. Calling, maybe to set up a date. I wouldn't start the impression of wanting regular convos exactly for this reason in the seasons I know I'll be busy. I'd rather just set a date in person.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, often guys as well as girls play hard to get, for the same reasons.. But also, quite often we really are busy, we really do have other women in mind or in sights!

• Goes to show how fake people are.

• Everyone does this, even women.

• Yes it's rather annoying! How are you supposed to have any sort of conversation when you have to wait days for a reply. I gave up on a girl who did this recently and guess what she replies much quicker now!

What Girls Said 1

• I think a lot of people do that... maybe not to such an extreme though. When I was dating my ex and he would send me a message I would purposely wait to respond because I didn't want him to think I was sitting around waiting for him to write me. I could see he did the same thing.