Why keep an online dating profile?

Why would a guy keep an online dating profile when he is in a committed long term relationship. Does it always mean he is or will cheat?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've still got several profiles on various online dating sites despite the fact that I no longer date. Probably one or two exist that I may have even forgotten. I probably should delete them, but sometimes it's simply easier to forget about them, then to take the time to delete the accounts. Unless he is actively using the account(s) I wouldn't worry about it. However, if he is active, at the very least, it shows an open mind to the idea of cheating, inevitably leading to the act itself.

What Guys Said 1

• he is keeping his options open. May not cheat. cannot tell but if you F-up, he has his options and you are history.

What Girls Said 1

• if his profile is up but he hasn't visited since he got committed, then he probably just hasn't deleted it and its no harm. if he still goes on it then he is looking to cheat if he hasn't already