Would you spend up to $1000 monthly on dating?

So gentlemen of GAG, would you spend $1000 (or more) monthly on dating women / spending money on them?

am I the only one that thinks that's ridiculous? lol

I mean if your target was sex then why not just get escorts or something? hell you don't even need to pay that much to get laid in clubs/bars

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, that's like most of my monthly income right now, so the idea just seems ridiculous to me. =P Like, how is a person going to pay their rent and other bills if they're shelling out that much cash on the person they're dating PER MONTH? Hahaha. I wouldn't like a guy spending that much money on me, and I like treating my guy too, I like things to be more fair, like we take turns or whoever has money at the time covers dating expenses. No keeping tabs, but keep things relatively even. You paid last time, I'll cover it this time, etc. Or I just got paid, so I wanna take you out. Things like that.

What Girls Said 10

• $1000 a month? What on earth are you buying us? I don't measure guys on how much they spend on me. I don't like it, in fact. My boyfriend likes spending money on me, but I think the most he's spent in a month was like $60, and that was because that month included my birthday, and dinner before a formal dance. $1,000 is way too much. I spend money on him too, it's a two-way street. Guys shouldn't be expected to pay for everything.

• $1000 a month seems astronomical to me, really. And I most definitely would never expect (nor want) my guy to spend that much for the fact that it's simply not necessary. Like I'm all up for hitting a nice restaurant, movie, etc. every once in awhile, but when the spending turns into lavish downpour then it's gotten to the point where I can actually feel quite sick from it all. When I'm in a relationship with a guy, I'm dating him because I think he himself is wonderful, and no "sky's the limit" monthly budget will form that opinion of him for me.

• Well if your target is sex then spending money wouldn't be because you want to ginuinley date that person so you deserve to go broke I mean we all like to sex the person we like but no guy hast to spend 1000 dollars to have sex with me so if that's his intent sex that is he should get an escort at least he knows he's getting some.I mean who adds things up but if you spend half a check on your female that is considerd spoiling to me I'd rather love then money no man Hast to spend that much on me that I love. I wouldn't Complain if he did tho.

• men spend this much on libations and debauchery!?

ridiculous? I think so, my fine mate.

• my boyfriend doesn't spend that much, he has rent to pay and so do I. we're both pretty simple and love each other, that's what counts.

• Uh Do you want a real girl or a slut

We don't come cheap, $1000 is a bit much but we do like some money spent on us, as long as you put thought behind it

Plus your rewarded in the end so you know you like it

• umm actually you got it backward, I don't think any guy would want a girl who judges his value by how much money he spends on her

• Reward at the end? So instead of getting a slut, I'll get a whore?

• The way you answered this question made you sound like a slut... I wouldn't spend 5 bucks on you

• Never ever.

• $1,000 monthly is pushing it. No guy is obligated too.

Perhaps, once a year sounds reasonable.

• 1000 really isn't that much if you're working if you think about it...

• My boyfriend probably spends more than that. But I don't ask him to. He's just very generous and kind. Like when I wanted to get my sisters a little something because they can't come with me over spring break, so I got Alana a $200 Michael Kors watch and Natalie a $200 Urban Outfitters gift card and when I told him he said he'd chip in but then he paid for all of it. (:

What Guys Said 12

• Where did $1,000 come from? I guess it depends on exactly what you're doing. I'd feel like that definitely shouldn't be mandatory. But if you're going out to some epic parties and nights out with drinks and lots of people, that could happen I guess. But I'd want to know I was getting some more lasting value than just dating one girl. Like establishing myself at a venue and being a social nexus for a lot of people, having the ability to source lots of hot girls, and/or even getting to know people that I could do business with in some way or other (building the network).

But no, I've never spent money like that.

• Rashed28 makes a good point. If it is just the beginning in a relationship, you do tend to spend a bit more in the beginning. I suppose it depends on the woman/women your dating. If you are dating 3-4 different women in a week than it can add up like that. If your spending that much money on one woman, than damn,...you must really like her/love her. You better hope she is appreciative at least.

• well some people have the money to do so. People spend that much on drugs/weed a month sometimes, so I can see how it can get out of hand here in this category as well haha.

• 1000? More like 50 bucks.

• I would most certainly not.

• hell NO!

• 500 could go towards the hungry since a person would be technically tossing away money like that on his girlfriend. If it was a wife then that is a different story. Just on a gf... no. I am donating some of that cash lol.

• Who the hell told you that was a reasonable amount of money?

• Ha, no way, even though its only 1/6 of my monthly pay.

No woman is worth that much.

• Only if my dad was a tycoon...

• NO F***ING WAY. lol

• If it's just thebeggining, yes!

• come on. no woman would cost you 1000 a month. lol it ain't happening here. 500 the most and that's stretching it.

• If it's the beginning, you should be spending LESS now MORE!

• certainly not...(: