Why would a girl pass off a guy that she said was too good for her?

If a guy is so good, why wouldn't you go for it? is it fear holding the girl back? some lifestyle choices (that she could easily change) that he might not agree with?

I don't think it's necessarily just a cop out for rejecting a guy or not finding him attractive. you don't just say someone is too good for you. pfft, if a girl is so good for me, I'd be doing something about it! trying to make it happen, not cowering in the corner while you hold the guy on a string...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes girls don't like feeling inferior, but tht has something to do with their confidence. Make a girl feel comfortable, and don't try changing her, if you don't like something about her, and she doesn't want to change that, don't change her, that's how she is and if she doesn't want to do it anymore, she'll do it because it was her decision, not because you told her. You are not her dad, it is her life, she chooses who she dates. if she physically is attracted to you, that's a definite advantage, now use that to woe her, give her space, make her feel comfortable and free to be herself, and she'll probably change on her own

• yes but a girl needs to be loved though. like a daughter, like a sister, like a friend, and a lover. it's just very hard when a girl will reject any decent guy that shows her attention, but will always resort back to dating guys that are bad for her.

• well that's the whole point, to say it with confidence! lol GOODLUCK!

• so girls don't like when I guy blushes? why is it so bad for a guy to show that he feels a little emotion? we are emotional creatures too you know.

What Girls Said 2

• She's just not that into you.

• not THAT into me? so she is a little bit? why can't girls just give decent men a chance for once? it's always some cocky dbag or trashy guy that guys find themselves liking a lot. it doesn't make sense.

• By saying what I said, I mean that for whatever reason she's decided she isn't interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with you.

Also, watch it with the "waaahhh but I'm a decent guy and I deserve a chance" crap. Girls give chances to guys to whom they are attracted, full stop. If they are not attracted to you, they are under no obligation to "give you a chance." Please accept that and move on.

• OK, tbh, this is prob. a crap line to get rid of you about 70% of the time but there are other times where it's legit. I liked this guy, A LOT, after finding out that he liked me :) but the more I started to think about it and started rating me and rating him...I thought, "oh no! maybe this is just a fling for him or he just wants to have me around for a little while because I'm obviously not good enough (by that I mean, not the type of girl I think he would stay with long term even though I'm cool with who I am) for him" - girls want to feel like things are even or that they have something that can keep you around long term, ya know? both, being too good for you or you being too good for her are not safe places for her so she's looking for a certain balance and with each women it's kind of different.

What Guys Said 3

• "you're too good for me' = you're a nice guy on paper and a good provider but I want to have raunchy sex with a guy who is fun and wild.

• who says I couldn't give it to her too? who says I'm not a fun person to be around? girls may think that yes, but at the same time, you never saw her giving me much of a chance did you? nope...

• Going for it wasn't the mistake. Waiting was the mistake. Most girls you're interested in ... it won't work. And vice versa. So you need to be testing the waters with a lot of girls to find cases where you both want each other, and then see if you get along well ... etc. . You can't find the perfect love via observing a friend. You find it when you're experiencing a great relationship.

• well school and life had sort of separated us for a while, plus she was always taken. and I never knew her tremendously well. but there was a special attraction there for some reason. when I got the chance, I took it.

• It's just bullsh*t. It's much closer to "I'm too good for you".

• I feel that way too sometimes. but why are they never "too good" for the loser guys they tend to date? funny how things are sometimes.

• Come to think of it, it means "you're too boring for me."

• what makes a guy fun? partying and whatnot, because I don't like partying. at least not in the way most people my age do. why must girls always be entertained? I wouldn't care if all she wanted to do was stay in a watch movies. why do girls always want to go clubbing and partying?

• It's just the same old "it's not you it's me" routine.

• that's way less misleading than "you're too good for me" though.