Shorter guys in the dating pool. Is this safe to assume?

that guys under 5'8 will always be left overs in the dating pool, not all girls can get a guy who is 6 ft plus so most settle for shorter guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is, who do you think a girl would choose given the choice? a 6'2 guy or a 5'6 guy?

What Girls Said 8

• 5'8 is taller than me.

works for me!

I dated a guy who was shorter than me, 5'5 to my 5'7--6ft in heels.

I wouldn't say we "settle".

We go off personality mostly.

Unless the girl is a dumb c*nt and is in it for looks.

• No. I don't like guys that are extraordinarily taller than me. I want to be able to wear heels sometimes, but I'm five one and a half. You'd have to be exceptionally short to not fit the bill in my world.

• I will date any guy I am attracted to and height is not the only factor in attractiveness. To assume all girls would be into the same thing is just a retarded assumption. Besides, less than 10% of men are 6'0 tall and above, and to say that 100% of the worlds women go for 10% of the male population until they end up "settling" is clearly an asinine and dim witted assumption and it clearly isn't the case.

But it doesn't matter what I say. You are obviously asking this question so that some one will validate you so you will feel better about being short because you feel like you got the short end of the stick and want someone to blame. It's clear by your "best" answer.

• Nahhhhhh.. not EVERY girl has a height requirement. I've dated guys who were taller than 6ft and shorter than 5'8 and were all because I genuinely liked them for them, not because of their height.

• One of my friends is 5'4" and her boyfriend is the exact same height as her, so I'm gonna say it doesn't matter all that much :)

• no not true we usually want our height or taller we don't like awkward height differences. my husband is 5'8" and I'm 5'3"

• No. While there are girls who have height requirements, a lot don't. If a guy is shorter though then his good looks and charm matter more though

• No, no, no. A lot of people aren't obsessed with height like that.

What Guys Said 2

• Im 5'6" (although I keep hoping for 5'7"... -_- and yea I think it is kinda true what you say. There are lots of shorter guys that find girls so I mean it isn't impossible but I do think we are looked at second hand. Girls always oogle at how tall a guy is but you never hear them excited about how short a guy is. It kinda sucks for us. I really wish I could get my hands on some HGH or something. But luckily there are really short girls too - what sucks is when a 6ft tall guy is dating a 5'4" girl or shorter.. PISSES ME OFF!

• No it is not safe to assume. But like most guys with a confidence issue, you only want to agree with people who think you're right about this...

• This should be the best answer!

• so girls with confidence issues don't want to agree with people who think they're right? logical. you're right, confident people agree that they're not right (even if they are right). they also agree that they don't know anything. furthermore they agree that they are stupid. that's why they're confident. makes sense. I mean, why would confident people believe they're right?

this really should be the best answer. lmao.

• Too dumb to understand the phrase "confidence issue"?