For guys... are there "rules" for texting?

hi there! just in general... how do texting work? lol I mean... I've notice that when I just meet a guy he usually texts a lot... then eventually slows down... then even fades out... before I used to text them a lot too... but then I realized I could be taken as "needy" so tried to slow down... but now... I don't know when would be OK for me to text 1st... if I should let them waiting a little bit... if it's OK for me to suggest hanging out...

Thanks!

Updates:
or even if you get some adivece, example or whatever on how to get the guy ask you out would be awesome! hahaha Thanks everyone!

0|0
0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting isn't supposed to be meant for having a conversation. In fact it was originally meant for the deaf as well, the obvious but...it caught on to other people and has become a fad ever since...trending worldwide (in twitter terms). It's meant for quick things like "hey, can I call you" or "hey, do you want to meet up". If you want to talk to him and have a conversation, call him. Don't worry about seeming clingy. Typically, girls can't really do that, let us worry about that! Also, while there are "rules" to texting, I wouldn't worry about them, it'll only drive you nuts

1|0
    0|0
    • haha ok... thanks!

• Show All
    • Go unanonymous for a second, Ill add you. Then you can re-anon yourself

• hahaha OK, done! you can add me now :P

What Guys Said 3

• I guess I'm kinda old but 5+ years ago people use to talk on phones, even when getting to know someone. If I really liked someone I'd call them and maybe text if I was indifferent. Also when texting I personally wouldn't play games. I'd do what I wanted and felt rather than what other people do or follow a dance that others do. I know a lot of people are cryptic and talk in codes but it's not my thing, I'm very honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • (Age:25 to 29)

0|0
    1|0
  • Text him first, if you want nothing wrong with that. Most guys don't mind texting but if he doesn't reply don't take it personally.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.