Going to singles' events?

I am part of a religion and expected to date and marry within it. Sometimes different organizations affiliated with it have events and mixers for younger singles 20s to 30s. I don't meet that many guys from my religion in school and my community on my own.

Would it be weird to go? And do you go by yourself or with a friend? I kind of like doing things alone but I probably won't know a soul there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is short. Do it. I went to a signles event once with a guy who wanted to guy but he didn't want to go alone, so brought me along. I was not looking for anyone. I am glad I went though cause I met a real hot girl there who was into me and we dated for awhile. The sex was amazing...on the other hand my friend found no one.

I may actually go again soon to one of those but likely by myself because I am no longer friends with that one dude, plus most of my friends are dating or married. I don't think there is anything wrong with going to signles events at all, nor going alone.

What Guys Said 2

• you say you're "expected" to date within your religion, but is that what you want? if you do, then the social event sounds like a good idea (if you don't want to go alone, can you take a friend or sibiling with you?). if you don't want to and would rather date someone else, you shouldn't let your faith or family dictate your future

• I don't mind because I don't want to fight with them for the rest of my life and I don't have problems with a guy from the same kind of background

• Well if you want to meet someone of your own religion, it would facilitate to go to a place where everyone is of that religion... If you feel like going by yourself, go by yourself.

What Girls Said 0