Why are women on dating sites so picky?

Okay, so I decided to try online dating. One of the things I learned is that women online are very picky. For instance, I have been talking to this girl online for over three weeks. I don't know if she was playing hard to get, but she acted as if she was freakin hot. She finally sent me her picture and she is fat. I don't want to sound cocky or anything but I am way better than she is physically. Why did she think she could be picky when she is fat?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Why are women on dating sites so picky? Same reason men on dating sites are so picky.

It's not a gender thing but a people thing as studies have shown men tend to go for the best on dating sites.

2. Why did she think she could be picky when she is fat? Being fat doesn't mean you can't be picky. It also doesn't automatically mean you're unattractive.

Though if being fat or unattractive meant you couldn't be picky I guess it'd only apply to girls as most guys tend to want partners who are far more attractive than them or at the least a bit more attractive than them.

What Girls Said 4

• Women on or off dating sites, are picky.

Men however, are generally not as picky.

But the example you gave doesn't seem related to this. It is just of one person, and its nothing to do about being picky or not if a girl just wants to talk to you for 3 weeks to get to know you first. Usually girls like to screen men for a long time before they can become dating material. It isn't relevant how hot the two people are in this case (though being hot usually means being lusted over more, and maybe a few screening periods are skipped in that case), its just about the usual period of getting to know people and trust people before intimacy is probably a bit higher for girls than guys.

• They're not just going to date any random guy that expresses intrest. And just because she's fat doesn't mean she's picky. She probably has pretty good judgement.

• lol because they have to option to be picky. Its a dating website.

• Not all fat girls are desperate women ready to do any and everything just to keep a guy's momentary interest. Some women are picky because they know it's smarter to be selective about potential partners rather than giving it all to any guy who pays them a little attention, and then dealing with the aftermath later.

It's immature to think that only hot girls should have self esteem and that fat girls should be grateful for any type of male interaction at all. People who think like that are jerks, and that is what a lot of women want to avoid.

What Guys Said 9

• The whole point of a dating site is to find someone you're VERY compatible with so you don't keep accidentally dating jerks/bitches/whatever. Anyone's allowed to be picky and cautious if they want to avoid that.

Also why can't she be picky just because of her weight? Are fat people not allowed to want to find someone they like instead of settling for less?

• Why were you talking to someone without a photo?

• because they literally get flooded, bombared with messages, they can afford to be picky, I bet a few of the guys they rejected online, they probably would have accepted in real life

• On dating sites even ugly women are going to get hundreds of messages from guys. It's one of the worst place to pick up and infact I suggest you look at your friend friends lists of people on Facebook and meet women like that

• Because they can be. It's online dating, hence it's much, MUCH easier to do so on there than it is in real life where you actually have to face someone and tell them why you don't like them (or just keep your distance).

• Because Guys are generally desperate to f*** a girl if she's on the net, they can receive like 50+ messages or more if she's average. That's just the ratio.

• Because we feed there egos by putting them on a pedistal. When you show attention to them the ego sky rockets and the more guys that show her attention the hotter she thinks she is.

• Because you lay your cards out on the table.

Dating sites are more successful because you don't need to date someone for weeks to find out these things out and dump them.

• They're just as picky normally. It's just that they show their true colors on the dating sites.